What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

posting photo's.................

................. Andy say's:

REPLYING TO A TOPIC

If you want to post an image in a reply to a topic that either you or someone else has started then scroll to the “Reply to this topic” box at the bottom of the topic as you would normally do and then click “More Reply Options” in the bottom right:

gif.gif more_reply_options.jpg 13.91K 0 downloads

Once you’ve done that, you’ll see the “Attach Files” section below the reply input box. From here, the process for uploading and attaching images is exactly the same as it is for starting a new topic detailed above.

Hi - problem is, when I do this, there isnt the 'attach files' section............ I have emailed Andy for some help, but none so far..... can anyone help me on this please? An i.t genius I am not! cheers - Andrew

Shipdamite,

How did you (and your bike) do at the trial today? Was it your very first one, or the first one of this year, or???

Nielh, how're your wheel bearings holding up?

I've been working overtime at the ole airlpane factory, so I couldn't squeeze my lever toaday...... :crying:

Zippy.... Any pics of this much fabled Penguin?

Jimmie

Edited by mr neutron

Are you going to the Dabbers trial at Santon Downham tomorrow shipdamite? If so say hello to the old fat bloke on the fantic 240. Its always nice to be able to put a face to a name

hello Blocky - I didnt see this posting of yours but we did say hello in the queue for one of the sections in the section over the other side from the forest section. my first trial and both cards had a mixture of 5's and 3's with three 2's! much more difficult then I thought it would be - and that was supposed to be an easy route............. been riding dirtbikes for years but today was something else. how did you do today? I will be signing up for the next one for sure.

Shipdamite,

How did you (and your bike) do at the trial today? Was it your very first one, or the first one of this year, or???

Nielh, how're your wheel bearings holding up?

I've been working overtime at the ole airlpane factory, so I couldn't squeeze my lever toaday...... :crying:

Zippy.... Any pics of this much fabled Penguin?

Jimmie

Hi Jimmie - today was my first ever trial ever! it was hard work - lots of 5's and 3's and three 2's - much more difficult than i thought it would be....... the hardest bit was going up a hill then having to do a T I G H T turn at the top....... managed better on this in the afternoon, but still plenty of dabs. a bit dissapointed in my points, but I can only improve............. hopefully. The bike was good although I found the clutch a bit 'off and on' despite being adjusted to 2mm freeplay, freshly bled and oiled............ guess its a Gas Gas thing (using the expensive putoline oil rather than atf which has improved this alot though). the only other slight technical glitch was the magnet on my lanyard kill swith parting company with the lanyard. that has just been superglued though, so hopefully that will all be good.

Edited by shipdamite

Good to see you there Ship. My scores were so bad today that I didn't even bother to hand in my score card. This was largely down to having fun.... Lots and lots of fun with my mates :) Trying new things and generally fooling about.

From the little I saw of you, you were doing fine. You might want to consider working on slow speed control. You can do this at home by doing things like doing progressively smaller figures of 8.

Also make use of the rear brake to help to control and smooth your clutch control

Above all... Practice :)

The Dabbers club is perfect for people like yourself. Have fun and enjoy it

Well, Congrats on getting through your first Trial, Shipdamite!! I ride at the Novice level here, and last June I recall being totally flabbergasted (and beaten!) by those tight turns they threw at us Newbies. :wacko: I had way more 5s & 3s than I thought I'd get. I'd been to watch a couple of local trials, and sitting alongside the Novice sections, thought they looked pretty easy. Man, was I ever wrong! But I did have a boatload of fun, however. The guys on the two twinshock bikes I rode with were great to ride with.....Stay with it; it actually does get easier, sometimes.....

Zippy, you must be Blessed Amongst Men! You have a Gas Gas Trials bike, a Truck of Death, a Lucky Penguin, and the legs of swimsuit model! Well, maybe not the last one there.... I went to your website, and did happen to read the article about knee braces. That's gonna be relevant to me in the future....

Neilh & ShercoBen12, you guys are my Heroes! :thumbup: Anybody that got to ride today, crash, pick their bike up, and ride some more is my Hero! And Ben, is it that warm there to ride in a T-shirt, or are you just gonna ride no matter what? :icon_salut:

I did go out to the barn, and after squeezing my clutch lever a few times, thought I'd chance a ride. I should have just hit myself in head with a hammer instead. I went for about 5 minutes, and rode over a stump I've done dozens of times. I didn't clear it this time, and came down on the skid plate. I now have a an expensive sounding clattering noise coming from the clutch side of my bike. :wall:

Jimmie

Good to see you there Ship. My scores were so bad today that I didn't even bother to hand in my score card. This was largely down to having fun.... Lots and lots of fun with my mates :) Trying new things and generally fooling about.

From the little I saw of you, you were doing fine. You might want to consider working on slow speed control. You can do this at home by doing things like doing progressively smaller figures of 8.

Also make use of the rear brake to help to control and smooth your clutch control

Above all... Practice :)

The Dabbers club is perfect for people like yourself. Have fun and enjoy it

thanks Blocky - words of encouragement are good! 2nd time around the woods, I tried going as slow as I could; almost coming to standstill's and balancing and inching around some of the tight bends......... the balance was getting better....... years of thrashing around on a dirtbike and dabbing to get through deep slimey ruts is sort of ingrained.......... it was wierd yesterday not having to fight a pack of bikes at speed. as you say, practice and patience. I am going to sign up for the next one at s.d and hopefully get to the ellingham one this sunday for a look - see. thanks again - Andrew

Well, Congrats on getting through your first Trial, Shipdamite!! I ride at the Novice level here, and last June I recall being totally flabbergasted (and beaten!) by those tight turns they threw at us Newbies. :wacko: I had way more 5s & 3s than I thought I'd get. I'd been to watch a couple of local trials, and sitting alongside the Novice sections, thought they looked pretty easy. Man, was I ever wrong! But I did have a boatload of fun, however. The guys on the two twinshock bikes I rode with were great to ride with.....Stay with it; it actually does get easier, sometimes.....

Zippy, you must be Blessed Amongst Men! You have a Gas Gas Trials bike, a Truck of Death, a Lucky Penguin, and the legs of swimsuit model! Well, maybe not the last one there.... I went to your website, and did happen to read the article about knee braces. That's gonna be relevant to me in the future....

Neilh & ShercoBen12, you guys are my Heroes! :thumbup: Anybody that got to ride today, crash, pick their bike up, and ride some more is my Hero! And Ben, is it that warm there to ride in a T-shirt, or are you just gonna ride no matter what? :icon_salut:

I did go out to the barn, and after squeezing my clutch lever a few times, thought I'd chance a ride. I should have just hit myself in head with a hammer instead. I went for about 5 minutes, and rode over a stump I've done dozens of times. I didn't clear it this time, and came down on the skid plate. I now have a an expensive sounding clattering noise coming from the clutch side of my bike. :wall:

Jimmie

Jimmie - it sounds like I could have written that first paragraph, because thats how it has been for me.............! so, that is encouraging too! thanks for that. cheers - Andrew