What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

Today on my 280,which i'm rebuilding,took the crankshaft to Grampian Motors in Liverpool along with the BE bearing,rod and pin kit . Bruce walks out,i gives him the rod kit, crank and a sheet of paper with all the bike details etc which he gives me back." I'll do it now while you wait"!

To a look of astounding perplexity and the quote from me of "what"?

And with that he shot off and returned in fifteen minutes job done.

Talk about good service,and that's why i always deal with them,because they are good!

• Like 4

Hey ship you might want to try getting this one in too .... slower than a Mexican village......Sorry any Mexicans reading this .

far too un-p.c to get in a conversation! .............. 'about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike' raises enough eyebrows in a typical daytime scenario for me ;-]

Ha, well zippy,.....about as much use as a chocolate fire guard ," I used to be uncertain,but now i'm not sure anymore"!

Today i saw my GasGas's .... Unfortunately it was from the roof of my house, where upon i was taking the old

chimney pot's down and re-pointing the brick work . How crap is that?

• Like 1

Yep ! So if i'm right in thinking Zippy your saying it's ( wife appears ) " When you've finished that love just put this fitted kitchen pack together for us then if your a good boy you can ride your GasGas" day.

Well it's actually ok on our roof as my wife don't like heights. So she stands in the garden nagging and i shout down " Hey love , shift your self over to 't' right a bit ,go on go on go. Ok that's fine ,can see bike now " So she does a little war dance throws in a few curses something a bout you "don't look at me like that" then vanishes.

Good idea zippy , by the way it's ground hog day .

Edited by shyted
  • Like 1

After three Ducati regulator/rectifiers on my 07 failed I decided to run the fan off a battery instead. I carry a large sealed lead acid battery in my fanny pack, run the wires up my back and down my arm and have a slip on connection at the bars. The fan now runs much faster than before and I can easily get a full days riding from one charge.

I also moved the regulator/rectifier, that now only powers the ignition, behind the number plate to keep it from cooking. Twice the fan circuit failed and once the ignition from what I think was excessive heat.

Today I did the "clutch fix " to my sons JTR125 , Spent a few hours filing off burrs and scraping glue off the friction plates, put in new ATF and wow, we now have a clutch that works properly. I rode it round in the garden to warm it up, I was able to find neutral easily. First time the clutch has worked properly since we got the bike about 4 years ago.

I did replace all the plates once but fitted them in a rush and the clutch has never freed off as it should.

TLTEL

Today I did the "clutch fix " to my sons JTR125 , Spent a few hours filing off burrs and scraping glue off the friction plates, put in new ATF and wow, we now have a clutch that works properly. I rode it round in the garden to warm it up, I was able to find neutral easily. First time the clutch has worked properly since we got the bike about 4 years ago.

I did replace all the plates once but fitted them in a rush and the clutch has never freed off as it should.

TLTEL

you must have the patience of a saint to do that mod! hats off to you.

I plan on doing some indoor(?) riding in the next few days. (it's inside but no heat and VERY well ventilated......at least there is no wind)

So I looked the bike over real quick. Last event I rode back in September I broke the long bolt that goes through both dog bones. I figured it was because it got loose. Well I had to tighten it again when I looked the bike over yesturday. It was replaced with a friends bolt off his bike (he was observing the event). So i am thinking new lock nut with a little dab of blue loctite to fix the problem. thoughts? I also don't like the thin washers that are on there, they bend and deform too easily. I want to put new regular thickness washers on the outside of the dog bones, there is not enough room to put regular thickness washers in the middle, but those don't appear to deform because of full contact on both sides of washer.

Today i thought about my GASGAS as thinking is the only way to do anything as i'm away at work.

The wether here has been scarey! close on 100MPH winds for the best part of a week and one night 17 mtr waves rocking this old crate all over the show.

My old mate says that this place is like a tooth that's been loose for thirty years ,one day it will come out !!!

Word's of comfort eh!

I made frankenfender v3, this version has 13 rivets and 5 strips of metal.

v1 was a previous owners fix with cable ties. v2 was my plastic welding which looked the best and some of it survives - an unplanned attempt at a floater turn when I ran out of space broke two welds.

Until I find out if the later 2 piece seat and mudguard fits this will have to do.

• Like 1