What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

At last got home!so today on my GasGas fired it up till it got hot and fan cut in then had a quick blast round the garden.

Then to my mates GasGas, i spent 2 hrs bloody cleaning it.

He bought this 03 250 Edition blind,even though i told him not to . If he spent a grand on it, he still wouldn't have a neat bike.It's rattling it's tit's off and quite frankly ain't worth a blow on a Rag and Bone Mans trumpet ! He paid £900 for this thing and every metal surface except the fork legs are goosed.post-16629-0-90946300-1391879357_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-38757200-1391879319_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-73941100-1391879280_thumb.jpg I know i'm choosy but check out the spray painted body work and how corroded the engine cases are .

The back shock is leaking and the linkages have more play than soft Mick! Chain and sprockets worn past reliable function. Funny though the front brake works a treat. My self even if i'd traveled to Outer Mombasa to view this bike i would have walked away.If the person who owned this bike is reading this you want stuffing for passing this sort off trash of as Good condition for age . To my Mate,well i told you so!

Edited by shyted
  • Like 1

looks like its been ridden in sea water, or just maybe kept out side.

TLTEL

For the state of it tltel i'd agree but i think it look's like it's just been hosed over with a power washer with some sort of de-greaser and left wet , but whatever it's a mess. Glad it ain't mine!

• 2 weeks later...

There have been several times my bike came loose from the tie downs and fell over after driving on a bumpy dirt road so I made a brace to keep it secure. Simply drilled a hole in the fender and fork brace, stuck a dowel in, and no more bouncing bike. A thin metal curved sheet is placed between the tire and fender to keep the dowel from damaging tire.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52067707@N05/12803899423/

Ah jse good to see a nice tidy workshop with propper equipmentand clean work space.

Also if you built that tool well done.

I've made braces for all my bikes since the 70's. Here's the one I use for my TY 350s.

post-2532-0-29964800-1393602772_thumb.jpg

post-2532-0-97084500-1393602791_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Today for mama GasGas,i collected the cases from Triple S coatings in Bingley .

They look mint in reality,they're actually metallic.

Here's a picture.post-16629-0-16713100-1394044860_thumb.jpg

Edited by shyted
  • Like 2

Been practicing at our lokal trial club grounds, GasGas rode wonderful until coolant came out of the radiator cap hose. Than I noticed the fan didn't work.

Damn, back to the van, removed the fuel tank, checked the connectors and now the fan won't stop running when the engine's on.

Oh bugger, knowing my luck probably a broken relais or temp. switch

Edited by guys

Funny you should ask about what i did today to my GasGas,as on my new 250, i nearly had a baby on discovering a water leak! Just a little speck on the bash plate. I haven't ridden this one in anger yet as iv'e been stuck away from home yadder yadder . Other day ran it up, no problem. Yesterday just before dark noticed the drip on the bash plate . Had a quick peek, revealing water under the water pump unit.On this occasion, i held back on tearing in to it and mailed Kev at GasGas U.K should there be a recognized fault.Bit like the leak from the rear brake hose at the caliper. Any how there isn't .But this is what i found,see the pic'spost-16629-0-38053400-1394449729_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-52192400-1394449800_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-77283400-1394449841_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-06956600-1394449877_thumb.jpg

Not that clear,pic one, but there's a substantial amount of uncleaned casting on this spigot on both sides.Pic two is after i filed it back,

pic three shows how the factory have finished the spigot with the yellow dot .

The last one is so you can see that i did both sides.

So should you spring a leak for no apparent reason,give this a look see.

Ted.

Edited by shyted
  • Like 1