What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

What did I do to my GG today? Topped up the tank, dressed up and rode it in ice and snow in the county forest!

It was just too nice out. So I rode it out to 2nd line and back, following the dirt road in the Drury 1 county forest trackt, and the groomed 2-track snowmobile trails. Slippery as ****! But never dumped it. Put a foot down more times than I can count, but man, that's a good way to learn to "feel" your bike, when you have no front or rear wheel traction on ice and slushy snow! I headcam'ed the whole trip....not sure I'll post it though.....

Still and all...it was a great to be on two wheels!

Maybe Spring is finally springing in my neck of the woods..... :hyper:

Your Bio says Canada...........sorry to say sir, but Spring does not arrive in that particular part of the world. :D

Your Bio says Canada...........sorry to say sir, but Spring does not arrive in that particular part of the world. :D

Yup....over an hour north of Toronto. And you are correct....at least this year, sure doesn't feel like Spring yet. Long, hard winter this year.

• Like 1

Thanks but yes, I've seen it and I did the upgrade as mentioned but no luck

I'm going to mount the AJP master cilynder that came of my 4RT to be sure...

Edited by guys
  • Like 1

Now that it's finally running, I put some premix in it and rode it! I played around in the vacant lots nearby, which fortuitously have lots of little to medium sized rocks littering them. I managed to make it up and over one from a direction I've not tried before, after about 5 tries.... No broken parts or body, though, so it's a success! Man, this thing is fun.

• Like 2

OCD is my curse and can lead me to frustration. Beginning to wish i hadn't bought my 2013 250.

It rides fantastic and the suspension is brill although that's my view. what's bugging me no end is the inexcusable crap quality of the thing ! Niggling little things breaking ,cracking ,leaking and dropping off.

Been out on it once . Cleaning thoroughly yesterday and found,seals leaking on the exhaust,a cracked bracket on the exhaust mount, suspension bearing sleeve cracked . It's a joke when you think the bike is less than a year old .

so today with my GasGas i'm seriously contemplating getting rid of it which is really frustrating!

• Like 2

And still there are people saying that there's no reliability problem with today's bike.

I had to change the front brake master cylinder on my 2012.

Things like this shouldn't happen

• Like 3

Today on my TXT 250, i rode my first trial this year. Pretty easy , but had to contend with the new bike thing.

Miles more control than my 280 and got brave on some up hill successive concrete pipe. Off ,try again ,off, try again,it don't like 3rd ,try again ah yes almost this time . Again and had more grip this time and went sky ward only to meet the dirt on the way down...again.Tell me anyone how do nettles manage to sting through trials pants ,as my right ass cheek was glowing red with large white welts along with my right fore arm much to the amusement off my misses.

Ah well , at least only the outer rear piston on the back brake seized today.Noticed the back brake efficiency went to rat ***** on lap three . Bye Bye 2013 GasGas 250 , can't tell you how disappointed i am.To be fair it rides well,just fed up with the gash quality .

Edited by shyted
  • Like 1

Shyted, sorry to here about your Gash Gash, I know a couple of people that had brake problems with new 2013 bikes.

Took mine out today (1995 model), had a great Trial 36 sections in the woods. Brakes were fine .

And my mate keeps asking, when am I going to get a new bike?

TLTEL

• Like 1

Shyted, sorry to here about your Gash Gash, I know a couple of people that had brake problems with new 2013 bikes.

Took mine out today (1995 model), had a great Trial 36 sections in the woods. Brakes were fine .

And my mate keeps asking, when am I going to get a new bike?

TLTEL

Well you know what,had a chat with Coops at the trial and recon my old 280 edition is twice as indestructible as my new Pro. Despite not having a rebuild for 14 years it ran faultlessly and did some tough events . Now that's why it will stay with me . The only problem i got was at a very muddy Holgate 100 where the front brake seized through mud encrusting it .quickly un seized it by running under some flowing water,to finish the remaining lap of the trial.

What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

I bought it :hyper: My first bike.

30w7bx2.jpg

Txt Pro 2004 250cc. Bit of haggling and I got it for £850. No helmet yet as I'm waiting for it to be delivered still, but took it for a slow ride round my field just because I couldn't resist :D Never ridden any kind of motorbike before in my life and was surprised at just how little throttle I actually need - nearly ended up on my a*** a few times. Lesson learnt :lol:

• Like 4

I bought it :hyper: My first bike.

30w7bx2.jpg

Txt Pro 2004 250cc. Bit of haggling and I got it for £850. No helmet yet as I'm waiting for it to be delivered still, but took it for a slow ride round my field just because I couldn't resist :D Never ridden any kind of motorbike before in my life and was surprised at just how little throttle I actually need - nearly ended up on my a*** a few times. Lesson learnt :lol:

Kiiep your finger on the clutch matey! You will need it!

• Like 1

Well you know what,had a chat with Coops at the trial and recon my old 280 edition is twice as indestructible as my new Pro. Despite not having a rebuild for 14 years it ran faultlessly and did some tough events . Now that's why it will stay with me . The only problem i got was at a very muddy Holgate 100 where the front brake seized through mud encrusting it .quickly un seized it by running under some flowing water,to finish the remaining lap of the trial.

This is soo true! Seems all the good old bikes are near gone!

The Mont 315!

The Scorpa Yam!

The TXT!

Older Sherco!

Pick your new poison!

• Like 2

Today, for the second time since I've owned my bike, I replaced a chipped kickstart idler gear. The crowfoot-shaped gear on the kickstart shaft got replaced as well. And then I had a blast getting to ride it again! :thumbup::bouncy:

Hadn't ridden it since the early part of March at the last club trial. While at that particular trial, I wore some new rain gear, including some nice over-the-boot riding pants (trousers). Only thing I don't like about the trousers is that my kickstart lever kept going up inside the leg of these pants. Twice, I put my foot down to get off the bike & walk sections, with the engine still running, and engaged the kickstarter with the motor already spinning as I put my leg down. By the end of the trial, I had the familiar clattering noise associated with chipped idler gear teeth. :( I am very grateful to this website for the help in fixing that particular problem! :icon_salut: Again, I'm grateful to those who responded in this older thread I started awhile back..... http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/44037-pro-clutch-removal-problem/?hl=%2Bidler+%2Bgear#entry321174

I love riding this bike! But, Gas Gas's quality on certain items sure seems to be somewhat lacking. The new k/s gear had a lot of burrs on it from the machining, as did the idler gear. A friend of mine says that sort of thing is a big reason for all the "hair" one finds on their magnets of the fill & drain plugs. At any rate, I tend to really like this bike, so I suppose I'll continue to tolerate it's few shortcomings, I'm too broke to afford anything else, anyways...... :hyper:

Jimmie

Edited by mr neutron
  • Like 1

Today I let it take me over every obstical that I pointed it towards. There were a few times where it went on its own with out me. There were a few times when I kept it from completing the agreed mission. In the end it had half a master link that decided to depart from the fun. 4 hours of riding all with out injury and all in with fun. VIVA la GASGAS!!!! Oh and I rewarded it by dialing in the carb. Its amazing how much a quarter turn of the idle air mixture screw makes.

--Biff

• Like 1