What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

Had my first competition with the bike again and it all runs smooothly. Still some things on the list to do's though. (something with time and lack of it)

post-19159-0-09163800-1449649157_thumb.jpg

Also yesterday added new sprockets chain and wheel bearings.

post-19159-0-83998100-1449649187_thumb.jpg

Still to do:

Weld and paint frame (and add guards)

Put on new tanksticker and airbox side stickers

Rehaul front suspension

Edited by crazybond700

• 2 months later...

Well the Old BAGG (Bad Ass GasGas 2003 300 pro) had a slight rattle in the top end.  I was thinking wrist pin bearing.

This is her.  She ain't exactly pretty but sure is fun to ride............... ;)

CaEFE34VIAAjrju.jpg

So tear off Top end and discover I need Piston, Rings, Wrist pin and Wrist pin bearing

CadKm-GUcAEKzwP.jpg

I discovered another problem when I drained the Gear oil................... a tooth stuck to the drain plug.  (magnets, how do they work?)

CaiFxjZUEAA95Fh.jpg

So pull Clutch cover off and investigate.  ALL the gears under clutch cover are in great shape, they have all their teeth.

I did find out I need a new Clutch Throw out bearing. 6 of the rollers are unaccounted for.  My fear is they went into the gearbox and broke a tooth off the gear.  I will find out when I split the cases.

CaiGciBUcAEBSLH.jpg

When I realized that I did not have the correct flywheel puller, I gave my good friend Biffsgasgas a call and met him for a   :beer:.  We chatted trials, cars and railroad ties.  Then parted ways so that I could use the flywheel puller he had just loaned to me.  After splitting the cases I found the gear that is in need of dental services.  On initial inspection I cannot find any other damage inside the gear box.  I will look at the rest of it closer upon disassemble to get the broken gear off the shaft.  (that is not rust on crankshaft, just some icky oil residue)

CaklMEWVIAAYhNB.jpg

Oh well, at least you'll know what to do on these cold winter days.  :P

Are you gonna do a complete rebuild now the cases are split?

Sad thing is that it has not been that cold here.  Actually got up to 40F this past weekend, I wanted to go riding..  :(

I am not doing a total rebuild but the bearings on the countershaft (? sprocket goes on) sound/feel a little crunchy, and the bushing with the O-rings under is worn, so I plan to replace those parts as well.

Everything else looks good.  I think I got lucky that there is not more damage.

• Like 1