What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

Well tonight I replaced a buckled rear sprocket bit the bullet and replaced front sprocket and chain at same time at least they will all wear at same pace :-) whilst I had bike in bits replaced rear brake pads and did the dreaded rear brake bleed.. Glad I did the old fluid was very dirty Was dark when finished so could not really test just went down drive and back. Brake didn't feel great but I take it new pads have to wear in. Like the bar risers shipdamite I'm 6ft-2 do they make a good difference ?

Nicely Done, Andrew!!! :icon_salut:

You did Nice Work on your bar risers!

I'm curious; where did you come up with the air bleeders on your fork caps?

Jimmie

Hi Jimmie - Thanks for that! the air bleeders were on the bike when I bought it last year................ But I would have fitted them anyhow; i have them on my dirtbikes............. saves taking out the screw to bleed..... well worth fitting in my opinion.

Well tonight I replaced a buckled rear sprocket bit the bullet and replaced front sprocket and chain at same time at least they will all wear at same pace :-) whilst I had bike in bits replaced rear brake pads and did the dreaded rear brake bleed.. Glad I did the old fluid was very dirty Was dark when finished so could not really test just went down drive and back. Brake didn't feel great but I take it new pads have to wear in. Like the bar risers shipdamite I'm 6ft-2 do they make a good difference ?

Hi Kev - the risers make a huge difference to the way I can turn the bike now............... when I first rode it, I really couldn't believe how 18mm rise could make such a difference. Its really worthwhile getting some aluminium and doing it. I tried them once on an enduro bike and whilst it improved standing, it messed up sitting down corners............... so, as you stand all the time on the trial bike, its all good - its so good to do a mod on the bike that makes such a difference (and which costs virtually nothing).............

Shipdamite,

Nice job on the bar risers, and if they do what you want them to, then time well spent.

But how did you get that coffee cup turned into the bar risers?? That takes some sort of alchemical talent?? :D

• Like 1

Tazz229 said:

Suddenly my problems seem pretty insignificant...... Hang in there Tazz. Hope it goes quick for you! Did you do that on your bike?

Jimmie

It was on a bike yes but not the gasser. It was my blade on Donnington track. :(

Today was start on the rear end of the Old B.A.G.G. (Old Bad Ass Gas Gas).

New rear wheel bearings

New rear rim strip fitted (went much better than I expected)

Tire is still usable so the old one went back on (better condition than I was using on the Sherco I had)

I have 5 psi in the tire at the moment and no leaks. cross fingers I did it right.

Remove exhaust and swing arm.

Will be fitting new rear brake pads soon.

Bike came with the All Balls rear suspension bearing kit so I plan on installing that.

After all this I think I will just need to change the Gear box oil and then ride the hell out of it.

Also squeezed the clutch lever...........maybe more than necessary :wub:

Shipdamite,

Nice job on the bar risers, and if they do what you want them to, then time well spent.

But how did you get that coffee cup turned into the bar risers?? That takes some sort of alchemical talent?? :D

Zippy - thanks!............. ah, mrs shipdamite is a silversmith, so she is always melting and milling anything that isn't bolted down.......... so, not quite I that is the alchemist ;)

Fired my sons 280 andorra up ,ran it till fan kicked in and out , changed brake & clutch fluid , replaced gearbox oil , greased all the linkages , torqued the linkage bolt's back up . Finish up tomorrow by polishing frame , refit back end ,check the air filter ,re grease wheel spindles . then try and post a picture on here , that's where it'll all go a bit daft .

• Like 1

Fired my sons 280 andorra up ,ran it till fan kicked in and out , changed brake & clutch fluid , replaced gearbox oil , greased all the linkages , torqued the linkage bolt's back up . Finish up tomorrow by polishing frame , refit back end ,check the air filter ,re grease wheel spindles . then try and post a picture on here , that's where it'll all go a bit daft .

That pesky technology computer program thingys are the tough ones to figure out. :hyper: