9T Sprocket Problem

82911sc

My 06 4RT had a 10t front and a 41 rear when I bought it. I put on a 9t fr sprocket and now my chain is way too long, If I take a link off (which is really 2) it will be to short. There are 3 holes on the swingarm for the round head hex bolts for the cam adjusters to butt up to but only the middle one has a steel threaded insert. My question is can I use the hole that is closest to the axle even though it doesnt have a steel threaded insert? My chain is new and has 102 links

None of the 3 threaded holes have a metal insert on my Cota.

Only the 2 holes near the axle are there for the chaintensioner. (I don't think the original small snailcam-chaintensioner reaches to the 3rd hole) So yes, you can use the hole closest to the axle.

The 3rd hole, the farthest away from the axle, is there for mounting the plastic rear axle protector that is mostly only found on new bikes)

It might be possible that the larger after-market chaintensioners diameter is large enough to use the 3rd hole, and i see no problem with that.