Petition... A Belgian Club Need Your Help (December 2012)

alainp59

It remains a little place near Liège in Belgium where people can still do a little trial ... Without causing any ecological damages or neighborhood disorder !

Of course, some "neo-ecologists" attempt to classify the area as "Natura 2000" (protected area of ecological interest)

You can appreciate the "ecological interest" of this place which was laid out and cleared of rubbish by people who took care :

If you can help, sign the petition to show your opposition here : https://www.lapetiti...ment-12385.html

Thank you for them.

Edited by andy
Fixed video link & embedded
  • Like 1

It's still aircooled, so why the problem :irish:

Would be ineligable for most events in this centre. It aint an air cooled monoshock and most clubs follow the local ACU line that the motor must come from a machine originally manufactured as a twinshock so ineligable for twinshock as well. Thats why they become a bit of a white elephant over here. Just asked the question as i was interrested in what the general rule was over there. I know of a guy in Spain who is looking at doing the same so i just assume that in Europe it's not seen as gaining an unfair advantage as it is over this neck of the woods. a lot of Fantics use reed valve motors from later air cooled monos and seem to get away with it even though it's against the rules in some centres obviously it's ok over there and sadly becoming so over here. Well at least with the Fantics anyway which arent so noticable at a quick glance unless you know what youre looking for. If we are not careful twinshocks will go the way of Pre65 which would be a shame and a lost opportunity.

We've already had the "converting air cooled monos to twinshock" arguement so people are now trying to do it another way thats all. Usual response is "well i just had one at the back of the garage and it's cheaper than rebuilding the ************* " same as fitting 38 mm Gas Gas or similar front ends. Funny how it's never the other way round as in fitting smaller diameter forks or say a TY250 twinshock motor into an air cooled mono chassis just because they happened to be lying around unused in the shed. It's never done to gain an advantage though is it? Anyway all thats got nothing to do with the post i was just asking if it's a common practice sur le continent.

Hope they continue to retain usage of the land as i said i signed the petition but not sure how much notice they will take of a non Belgian resident. :xmas:

Edited by old trials fanatic
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are TY mono motors in TY twinshock frames common and legal on the continent ?

"MURMEL mode ON"

Maybe, we should have some more FUN in trials en less RULES... Not everybody is trying to win, just doing a bit of sport or even amusement!

Or shall we count the horns and lights on all these 'legal' bikes in the SSDT...

"MURMEL mode OFF"

PS: "Murmelen" is dialect flemish for 'silently talking to yourself'...

<_<:D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...