Satin Black Paint.

colinf

Hi all, was looking on-line for High temp satin black paint for the 191's barrel and the post surgery exhaust and see you can't get the PJ1 stuff anymore.Always used this type of thing on my air-cooled MXers back in the old days ( 80's).Can anyone recommend a similar product that they have actually used?

Most heat resistant rattlecan paints works quite well. They will stay best when the old paint layers are taken away and also any rust (on the exhaust f. e.).

To get the paint as much gasoline and oil resistant as possible and more "robust" the parts needs tempering. No problem for cylinder and cylinder head or the outtake, the mid- and endsection of the exhaust need an extra heat treatment in my experience.

An hour at >200 degree Celsius will do the job.

Hi, I just used Rustoleum Hard Hat Black High Temp paint with great results,

It's good for upto 750 degree c and It can take a knock without chipping easily ...

I applied it in around 4 coats and then baked it in a paint oven at 160 degree c for about 2 hours.

It's the best high temp paint I have ever used, much better quality than the bbq type ones ......

I paid about £11 for a 500ml can.

See link below to see spec'

http://www.promain.co.uk/product/1078_Black_1015__1078_HeatResistant_Coating_id3524_clid201

hi mate ive tryed the 1 bltaco uk sell thats good. i think you will find it hard to find 1 has good as pj1 that was the best. but there may be 1 out there as good i havant found it yet. really depends on how fussy you are about the finish look. i myself do like the factory look but its hard to find. b&q stuffs ok but looks dull. your better off buying a few diffrant ones and trying them. to see wich you like. its each to there own really. cheers bondy.

I was looking at the the one from BultacoUK that Bondy mentioned,might give that a go.The ebay link ( thanks jer ) is tempting but at £25 ( at the starting price)for a can you couldn't be sure you'd be able to get another can to touch things up later.I saw one go for £23 recently + postage!.......so thats the cost of a set of spokes or an exchange hub for the price of two aerosols....maybe not!

I was looking at the the one from BultacoUK that Bondy mentioned,might give that a go.The ebay link ( thanks jer ) is tempting but at £25 ( at the starting price)for a can you couldn't be sure you'd be able to get another can to touch things up later.I saw one go for £23 recently + postage!.......so thats the cost of a set of spokes or an exchange hub for the price of two aerosols....maybe not!

This is riddicoulus high price! I don't know if the following is corresponding with the rules?

Anyway:

The paint I used for my Bultaco costs: 11,88 €/liter!

You get 3 rattlecans with each 400ml for 14.25 €.

I used this paint for the exhausts with very good results, (paint needs tempering!)

You get it through E-Bay here:

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item4cee5f6875

Edited by pschrauber