New Member From Essex (Another One)!

jp0039

Hi

I recently picked up a Sherco 250 with a view to improving my bike skills and hopefully entering some competitions, however before I do, I need to get some practice in! I have road bike and off road experience but never tried trials so i have much to learn!

Can someone reccomend somewhere where I can get some practice in? I am based in Colchester and I know that you can practice at Poles Wood but I was hoping to find somewhere a bit closer to home. I have heard that you can practice at Raydon but I cant find any other information about it. Is there a number you can call? If anyone has any other sugestions then please let me know. Feel free to PM me if you would prefer.

Thanks in advance

John

I would recomend joining a club. You are lucky to be surrounded by good clubs (southend dmcc - ipswich mcc - castle colchester and many many more). Once a member jump in and enter the trials comps. One trial is worth ten practise days. Southend have a trial on at royal oak pits in Danbury (just off A12) on sunday for details go to www.easternacu.org . Click on events for details.As for practise grounds, Poles wood takes some beating, Raydon is ok and the trials park at lowestoft is also worth a visit