08 Raga Rear Shock

houseape1000

Hi all,

Just started to prep the bike for Sunday when.....

I tried to alter the rebound on the rear (sachs) shock earlier but the adjuster screw turns infinitely in either direction with ease using finger and thumb.

I assume this can be sorted by a repair shop.

I was hoping this was just a cap of some sort that you have to remove to get to the real adjuster screw - it isn't ......is it ?

I am still going to ride on Sunday as i presume the last trial I did was with the shock like this so why not.

Can anybody recommend somewhere in the north-west that can re-build the shock ?

What is involved when asking for a rebuild, apart from the bike model and year is there anything else I need to tell the technician such as original specs.....I haven't a clue !

Regards,

Andy.

• 2 months later...

I checked out the rear shock today and took a couple of pics...(will try to add later)

The adjuster screw will pop out as far as the rubber o ring seal but would actually pop straight out if I took the shock off - the linkage is stopping it from falling out.

No oil leaks out when I pop the screw out to the o ring - does this mean it's empty and needs refilling ?

Is there a home repair I can perform or will it have to go to the shop for repair.

Sorry for daft questions but I've just had a rough quote for £110 + parts so I would like some info before spending if possible.

Edited by houseape1000

I paid nearly $200 or more in the USA to have a "non rebuildable" sacs shock rebuilt... so your pounds to dollars converter probably is close to what it takes. You pay for the guy's knowledge, and the tools of the trade, just like anything else... Only computer's do you get to have your 12 year old fix it for you for free...