Newbie To Trials, Going Nowhere Fast :(

shaneh711

Hiya guys!!!

The names Shane, from the deep southwest of Ireland, and this time last year I saw a Beta Techno 250

going for very cheap money (project), so I snapped it up, and set about doing it up....

Long story short, in the process of removing the alternator from the engine, I noticed the trigger coil fell off the stator (broken). I tried to solder it back on and glue it into place, but having rebuilt it now, I can confirm no spark.... Does anyone have any ideas that may be cheaper than splashing out £100 on a new stator? I'm a student with 2 other bikes to maintain so I'm trying to keep this one to a cost minimum.

Anyways, apart from that the bike is ready to go, and I really can't wait to get stuck it.... I've got an ancient yz250 that I do a bitta motocross on, I've tried my hand at supermotos (ccm & drz), and am now the proud owner of a vfr400 nc30, which I also got cheap, and am in the process of doing up :D

Can't wait to get to know everyone around the forums :D :D