No Stop Rule

modifier

I was reading a thread on another trials forum that they are changing a rule and that you will no longer be allowed to stop forward motion or you get a point (or maybe 5?).

They weren't talking about the details but mostly about several small bike companies lobbying for this in an effort to "save" the sport.

Edited by modifier

You are new ,so this should not really be a problem. This rule has been changed and modified many times through the years. Original rules always kept forward motion, as this is a motorized sport. There have been many reasons for the changes. Mainly time was the first factor as the worlds best riders could spend 30 minutes or more trying to clean a section. Watch how the world round goes this year. It would be a year or two before the rules in the USA are changed or if ever.

stop of foward motion, is a double edged sword, unless they make the sections safe enough for no stop, i dont see it happening here in the states, and it will really only effect the upper classes, expert and Pro riders.

you cant cross your own path, and thats one of the reasons moving backwards in no no,

unless you hop the rear tire over, you will cross back on your on path.

if you look at the NATC web site, you can down load the AMA National rules..

set yourself up with a local club, many of them wont innact the no stop rule, as well as other NATC rulings.

I like the part where he states that the observers have volunteered to be there without pay and that the rules that they judge the riders by should be simple and easy for them to make a determination of the score.

Personal opinion, Stop and balance = control and is ok Stop with foot down = human kickstand and is a 5 (Hell, your bike can do this without you)

I like the no backing up idea, just because it gives some continuity to the section and eliminates the possibility of attempting the same obstacle multiple times. If you fail to get over the obstacle once, you should not be able to fail it 5 more times because you already failed it. At a club level no backing up also reduces the time spent in a section if the club does not have a time limit.

• Like 1

most modern bikes will stay up with no rider, find that sweet spot, it will stay..i like the stop with a penalty..you can stop, but if you dab, its a big ol 5,

like i said. they will ride, stop, clean the section...get a 5 for stopping, then protest the section saying it could only be done with a stop.

and that 5 will be reversed..

i doubt that the no stop will make it to the NATC..already too much drama from it, and nobodys even run an event no stop lol