I Purchased A Beta Evo 250 2012

swissash

Six months ago I purchased a 1999 Beta Techno 200 to see if I liked trials....I did. I then sold that and purchased a 2002 Beta Rev 3 250 which was great. I've now sold it and purchased a 2012 Evo 250 which has cost me alot more than my previous two bikes put together!!

Please tell me I've purchased a good bike!!!! :hyper:

Is there anything I need to keep an eye on apart from the obvious stuff?

Cheers

Ash

you chose well ash just keep the air cleaner clean and grease the swinging arm and linkage bearings 2 or 3 times a year and you wont go far wrong .i give mine a spray all over with wd40 after every wash too to keep the fastenings from rusting (i know some people dont recomend it but ive not had any bother in all the time ive done it )

• Like 1

You've bought a brilliant bike !!

Before I bought my 2010, my mate descibed it as the closest thing to cheating as you will find !! It's like riding a push bike !!

As far as maintenance goes, regular oil changes and as has been said previously, grease swing arm and linkage bearings now, because they probably haven't been done, unless you know otherwise . After washing I always take the cover off the alternator and spray with WD 40 just for piece of mind .

Enjoy !!

Phil

• Like 1

I too have a Rev3. I removed the weight when my coils died. I had it repaired and did not bother putting the weight back on.

I'm glad I did'nt put it back as the bike is much nicer to ride. If I were you I'd remove the weight which will allow you to spray in WD. I reckon you will like how it feels as well. You can always put it back on if you don't.

The windings rot from the inside out so you don't see the damage until it is to late. Mine looked fine but it was dead as a dodo when tested.