Sticker Kits - Application Advice Please

myzeneye

Hi

Just ordered a ful sticker kit for my evo..... 2012 ttt.

Can anyone offer some sound advice on :

removal of existing stickers

Removal of contaminants such as silicone spray, wd40etc

Application of new stickers.........

I want to do the job righ so any advice is welcome!

My lad got a rev 3 for Christmas and I replaced the decals beforehand. Heat gun or hair dryer to remove the old ones but be careful you don't melt the plastics. Once off, clean the area with white spirit or something similar. The new ones need to go on with warm soapy water to get them just where they need to be, slide them into position then use a squeegee or a cloth the rub the water out from underneath Use the heat gun to help 'em stick. Plenty of videos on YouTube showing how to do this. Was more of a success than I expected it to be. Good luck.

Just a drop of dish soap and water in a spray bottle

Spray the surface and when you put the decal down it won't stick til you squeegee the water out from behind it

The soap's only job is to break the surface tension of the water so it sheets on the plastic, you don't need much soap

meths still leaves a residue, IPA (isopropyl alcohol) is best. as using washing up liquid (or other soap) as an application fluid will also leave a residue (applciation fluid is avaliable from the major sign maker suppliers). you can get away with it but your not meant too.

meths still leaves a residue, IPA (isopropyl alcohol) is best. as using washing up liquid (or other soap) as an application fluid will also leave a residue (applciation fluid is avaliable from the major sign maker suppliers). you can get away with it but your not meant too.

Can you drink it thought ?

DONE IT !!!!!!!!!

did first on dry.........no no no no no no. Don't do that.

Listen to the wise tc folk.

Ripped old stickers off, easy.

Removed glue with solvent spray and white spirit.

Removed white spirit residue by giving the plastics a double good fairy liquid sesh in the bath! (She doesn't know;) )

Dried off by radiator.

Sprayed mild soapy water on plastic and sticker back, lined up squeezed out water with credit card.... Then applied heat with hair drier and rubbed outwards with thumbs.

Took a while but looks great.

I wil TRY to get a picture up..... Don't hold your breath tho!

Thumbs are killin now....hahaha

Thanks for the advice guys....