Full-Sized E-Trials

juanroberts

What format do you want? Its a 2013 Solidworks solid model but I can save in more generic format like STEP or IGS. Also, my model is from my own design frame which is very close to GG but I did change a few things. I also have a dimensional flat sketch of a Scorpa frame that I got from Phillipe who later started EM from back in ~2006. But the Scorpa geometry seemed weird so I didn't use it and used GG geometry that I copied from a TXT 200.

On 10/30/2020 at 3:47 PM, wardo78 said:

This thread has been dormant for awhile. I am wondering if anyone has updates on the various e-trials R&D efforts? Is anything full sized with a clutch other than the EM realistically coming to market anytime soon?

Wardo

Up to mine Information there is no alternative to the EM. Gas Gas is way to high priced and (for me) very difficult to drive and needs a lot more Energy compared to the EM. Yamaha was only a prototype, the Dragonfly seems to be stuck in the development. I ride currently a E pure race, but I will change to a E Pure Sport without clutch. (I never use the clutch!) I think the clutch is absolutely not needed unless you want to Jump 1,5 m straight. The other Argument is the electronic Clutchlever which can be operated as a regen rear break. This is fantastic and gives more control and lesser points for my ridings ability. 

9 hours ago, nostroke said:

What format do you want? Its a 2013 Solidworks solid model but I can save in more generic format like STEP or IGS. Also, my model is from my own design frame which is very close to GG but I did change a few things. I also have a dimensional flat sketch of a Scorpa frame that I got from Phillipe who later started EM from back in ~2006. But the Scorpa geometry seemed weird so I didn't use it and used GG geometry that I copied from a TXT 200.

i work with Autodesk Inventor 2020. Solidwork-format (.SLDASM) will work fine. Would be nice to get the GG TXT data AND the Scorpa frame data. I also have a Sherco X-Ride(same as Scorpa T-Ride) for conversion ;). Thanks allot.

It appears that I'll need to link you to a dropbox; the forum won't accept any CAD files. Bear with me, I'll try to get them uploaded and send you a link later. I think the Scorpa chassis would be best if I saved it as a Autocad 2D or a generic DXF.

Do you ever use GrabGad? I could maybe post it there. I have no concerns about copying or ownership. Its a great resource.....

Edited by nostroke
incomplete, bad spelling
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, nostroke said:

It appears that I'll need to link you to a dropbox; the forum won't accept any CAD files. Bear with me, I'll try to get them uploaded and send you a link later. I think the Scorpa chassis would be best if I saved it as a Autocad 2D or a generic DXF.

Do you ever use GrabGad? I could maybe post it there. I have no concerns about copying or ownership. Its a great resource.....

yes i know GrabCAD and i have a login.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure that what I have will solve your problem. My model, as I dig deeper into it, has a number of hard points that are NOT the same as the GG geometry. Mainly, I'm talking motor mount plates and various body related points.

I didn't fully copy their frame, only the rake, trail, wheelbase, shock linkage etc, the critical geometry that makes it handle. So if you are converting one of their frames with adapting plates, nothing will match up.

• 1 year later...
On 11/3/2020 at 7:24 AM, nostroke said:

Some people make an electronic clutch, which I also made and didn't like either. Its a potentiometer that sort of cancels the voltage from your throttle.

20201102_152235.jpg

hi mate, I was researching e-clutches for my EM5.7 and came across your adaptation of a potentiometer to an existing clutch cylinder, I find that brilliant, do you happen to have more photos of that clutch assembly? I am struggling to understand how you connect a potentiometer to the existing push rod