Cota/mh 123/200 Chain Tensioner.

jimbo349

Jimbo. Nice to help you for a change. It bolts on to the engine casing on the left hand side of the gear box sprocket. Mine is an m6 bolt. The spring that gives it tension presses up against the round housing of the sprocket drive housing. I don't know how to upload photos on this site sorry

The tube mounts are missing although the spacer on the wheel spindle is still present. The new tensioner from Inmotion looks the same as the pics set by gasseco but I thing the mounting spindle is too long miss aligning the tensioner. A easy fix but annoying!

• 4 weeks later...

Nope not got one, and there isn't one in my cota 200 parts book either! But i have done a lot of looking on the net and your 'e right , they're tucked away out of sight under the left hand casing arn,t they.. I've looked through the cota manual about 300 times and unless i'm going senile there is'nt one. Anybody else have an early 200 mines number 18 off the production line.

No they didn't have one from new, you could get one that bolted on to the engine. I fitted a universal one from trials bits on mine, it bolts on to the rear engine mount bracket with a suitable spacer.

No they didn't have one from new, you could get one that bolted on to the engine. I fitted a universal one from trials bits on mine, it bolts on to the rear engine mount bracket with a suitable spacer.

ahh, that explains it, thought i was losing the plot for a while. Definatly makes sense to have one.reckon i'll fit one there too, will be much more effective. cheers for that.