Winter Gloves !

myzeneye

Man it's cold up in them hills.....

My regular riding gloves are nice and thin for a good feel on clutch break and throttle, but...... They're c c c cold!!!

Can anyone recommend something a little thicker or better suited to this weather...... But not to thick so's I can't feel things?

My right hands got a few hinges instead of knuckles after a decent road bike crash so I feel the cold like bloody tooth ache in me bones.....

Man it's cold up in them hills.....

My regular riding gloves are nice and thin for a good feel on clutch break and throttle, but...... They're c c c cold!!!

Can anyone recommend something a little thicker or better suited to this weather...... But not to thick so's I can't feel things?

My right hands got a few hinges instead of knuckles after a decent road bike crash so I feel the cold like bloody tooth ache in me bones.....

We have fitted heated grips to our Ossa's.... very very effective, no more cold hands! See trialsandendurodirect.com, £34.00.

Bought 3 sets of these from ebay though.....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390526773152?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 better in my opinion as they are just full on or off.... and just £5.80 a set! Work a treat on our three road bikes.

Edited by kt-milly

I have had a few pair of these http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202273321/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=insulated+gloves&storeId=10051#.URG20_LImV4

has some insulation and thin enough to grip bars easily.

I have used them for all types of things, riding, auto repair, tractor repair, splitting and stacking firewood, etc.... and they last pretty decent.

Try Klim stuff (pronounced climb) http://www.klim.com/en-us/

Everything they make is good, I would have their gloves but my hands are wide across the Knucks and they don't fit me right but I have a complete set of Klim snowmobile gear from the socks and boots up and all of it is outstanding

I have a couple sets of neoprene like Mr Finn mentioned but I find them kind of damp feeling

Lots of people like them though

I have had grip heaters on several street bikes, I wrapped the wires around a pencil to make a coil wire out of it, it will accordion with the throttle twist

Unfortunately aluminum bars really suck the heat up, some brands have a thin layer of plastic on the glue side to direct the heat to the grip rather than synching it into the bar

I have had grip heaters on several street bikes, I wrapped the wires around a pencil to make a coil wire out of it, it will accordion with the throttle twist

Unfortunately aluminum bars really suck the heat up, some brands have a thin layer of plastic on the glue side to direct the heat to the grip rather than synching it into the bar

Yes ali bars suck up loads of heat from grip warmers, but a good tip is to fill the air space in the hollow bars ,expandining aerosol foam works great and you use without removing grips by jabbing the applicator nozzle /hose through the end of the grip we do it to snowmobile bars and it makes a big differance ps just have cleaning up stuff at hand it can be a messy job ,,,,gets better with practice good luck