My 90's Gas Gas Contact250 Project..

j13me

May see you down there then. I used to ride there years back and was amazing! I couldn't do much though. Just had massive balls so went at stuff full speed normally resulting in injuries haha

How would I go about checking the feed blocks?

I can't get that video to work, but try this. Put one plug in the bike, put one in the cap to check for spark and kick it. That way you are kicking under compression with a plug in it and the engine is spinning normal speed, not faster as they do with the plug out and no compression. This will tell you what your spark is really doing when you kick.

Also to inspect the reeds, pull the reed block and make sure the reeds are laying flat to the reed cage, check that there are no cracks or holes in the reed petals. If they are raised up or have a crack or hole they must be replaced.

Edited by coop650

reedblock is what the rubber boot in front of the carb is connected to with that hoseclamp, just FYI. It has at least one gasket, take care removing, you can make the gasked if you get enough to draw onto sheet of material available an any autoparts stores.

Edited by sting32

Thanks coop, the video was with another plug in so that's the speed it kicks over at.

Will try find an online guide or video to the reed valves later and see what there like!

Think I'm away this weekend so really want her running today!

Fingers crossed

Haha cheers guys. Will be home soon and trying again! Offshore this weekend so today is my only day to tinker!

Will pull the reed block out and check them out. Knowing my luck the gaskets will crumble and I will be stuffed!