83 Swm Jumbo Modern Build

vintagemotoworx

Well my 350 Jumbo is together and runs great! A few things popped up on the first ride so went back into my shop for some "updates" ;) As it stands right now the bike has: 99 Sherco front forks and triples, Aprilia front wheel, back wheel, swingarm and brakes. I also went to a magura jack hydraulic clutch......what a HUGE improvement over stock!, aluminum plates for CNC footpegs, FMF powercore silencer. Motor has: 84mm piston, new connecting rod, new main bearings, all new trans bearings, modified reed cage with dual stage 2 petal reed and matched cases. Going to a 28mm PWK this week....

photo_zpse8a733e8.jpg

Edited by vintagemotoworx
  • Like 1

Thanks guys....I built it because I can. I'm riding it in the modern class in RMTA and supposedly according to some people in the ITSA, the single shock air cooled class. It has single piston disc brakes and non cartridge fork. We'll see how it goes and if some people don't want to let me play in their club than oh well... :P Maybe were missing a modified twin shock class? Most bikes are modded anyways.

@ Ross. 1. Shocks are the newest version of the Betor alloy 2. I have lost 1/4" of ground clearance 3. The wheel base is resting @ 53" 4. It steers perfect now but not with the stock swingarm! 5. I'm going to a PWK this week and yes I had to re jet. I did go with a longer/more back pressure silencer though. I ran the bike with stock swingarm and brake and the front end was WAY TOO light! It pushed the front end and couldn't keep it on the ground.....The Aprilia climber swingarm... I changed it to twin shock ( obviously) and changed the shock angle from stock and the swingarm is longer as well. The foot pegs for that matter went forward 1/2" and down the same. Now it sticks like glue and steers perfect. That picture is really dark and I'll get a better picture up soon :)

Edited by vintagemotoworx