Re Wiring Of Bike Electrics..

j13me

Hey guys.. I'm rewiring my whole bike as the cables are getting a bit fragile and causing problems now.

The current wiring is all over the place, spade terminals everywhere, insulation tape covering twisted wires etc!

Am I right in thinking on this diagram, I would be to only wire the bottom half (no lights/fan wiring etc yet?) obviously not run it like it but just to try product a stronger spark? (The reason I'm doing it as it won't start)

68bc1e074a0318784198138c3407a934_zps364815b2.jpg

This is the current mess!!

515df4454b610a9f3a6a1793621fbbf2_zps15c8e1a3.jpg

Cheers

Wire as per the diagram ensure you connect the black to earth.

You may need to remove the red and white connector plugs and clean the terminals with contact cleaner, the contacts are probably covered in green corrosion, if they are green then this could be your problem.

Don't forget to earth any ground wires with mild steel fasteners not stainless. As I had this problem with our jtx200. I used stainless thinking that well they wont rust. They don't but they also don't make good conductors. That includes mounting coil etc.

Edited by nig1956c