Fuel Switch

techno

i recently snapped my fuel switch on my beta techno when trying to get the fuel of just wondering if i can leave it on all the time or do i need to get a new one as ive been told it floods the carb if you leave it on all the time :o

Sorry Techno, but I've got to do a bit of knot tying on some previous threads...

One thread awhile back suggested stuffing a glove in the exhaust pipe to kill a runaway motor;

Another suggested not wearing gloves as a way to prevent armpump;

And now you don't want to replace a broken petcock.

So, if you're out and about on your bike with a broken petcock, no gloves because of armpump, and your engine is running away, how are you going to kill it?

To steal someone elses line:

Fix what's broke. And if it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.

Richard

Edited by sirdabsalot

Techno--

Sorry if I didn't come across properly..I wasn't taking a potshot at you. What I was trying to get across was the humor if you put several different threads together. Also, it's often better to fix what's broken than try to live with it. Bottom line is, do what you feel is right for you.

Cheers,

Richard

my 97 techno WILL start even if the fuel has been left on, but it starts way faster if the fuel is shut off after every ride

and it does p*** out gas if the fuel is left on and its at an angle

i'de just replace it, couldn't be worth too much

Techno-

when i bought my bike mine was snapped and the guy said use a pair o plyers, but after a while is wore away 2 nuttin but no petrol p****s out o my bike unless its at an angle, ive had mine 4 bout 6-7mnths now

REV`er

ok cheers for yor help lads im gona order one from johny lampkind anyway sorry richard thought you were having a pop at me when you were saying about glove in the exuast because thats revers style thought you mistoke

me for him :o