Montesa 200 Electrics

moocher22

just built engine up on her after been stood for x amount of years and no spark so i have put new points in and tried a new condensor,but nothing.have cleaned frame round coil and engine moints.looks like black wire from stator to coil.i dont know if it sparked before as main bearings were seized.whats the next step,new coil. or stator,help needed

Just built engine up and no spark on her,bike had been stood ex amount of years so don't know if sparking as mains were seized.i have put new points in and the wires have not been touched from stator.its black wire from stator to coil.tried another comdesor,new plug cap,could it be stator or coil

Just built engine up and put in frame but no spark.Cleaned engine mounts and coil area,put new points in and plug and plug cap.tried condenser and nothing.The black wire from magneto is going to coil.Bike was seized when I started on it so cannot verify if sparking and has been stood around 15 years,anyone any thoughts

post-18033-0-39949100-1362419973_thumb.pngThis one might be a bit easier to understand. From left to right; the black pentagon is a wire connected to the points, if you follow the dotted black line its then soldered to the black wire (other black pentagon) which exits the back of the stator plate then goes on to your coil.the first green circle is from points to condensor. The pink circle is the pink wire which again goes out the back of the stator. the next green circle goes out the back of the stator with the others. Sorry about the bleedin massive photos.