Pistons On Evo Front Brake Caliper.

stephen1967

Hi, I recently went to check my bike over after not been on it for 3 months. There was no pressure in the front brake and the lever .would go all the way in without stopping the bike.Naively, I thought.I would regain the pressure by bleeding the brakes, .After trying to bleed them for quite a while I realised that the lack of pressure in the system was stopping the brake fluid from going .round the bleeder pipe. .I then took off the brake caliper and removed the brake pads..The pistons in the caliper were all the way out..I pushed them in and since then I have not been able to get them to come back out... How do I get them to come back out ?, also how do I get the pistons to move freely in and out. If I solve this will the pressure return to my front brake lever ?. Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

.There was a build up of dirt in the reservoir. .The seals were beyond repair, Once new seals were fitted, the brake was easy to bleed and the lever soon started to .regain some bite,

I have had the same problem and have ordered a new seal kit from Beta UK...

Evo boy