X Blok Front Brake

jes42

Have just fitted an xblok front caliper to my evo. Can anyone give an explanation of the best way to bleed the system ? There is no bleed nipple fitted, just a small grub screw, is this normal or should there be a proper nipple ? Many Thanks.

• Hello jes42 I am having the same problem and getting nowhere just covered in brake fluid. mine came with a bonjo bleed screw/bolt that replaces the normal bolt that goes though hose into the caliper hope thats any helps

Thanks

Evo Boy

HI, I fitted one and managed to bleed the brake to ALMOST as it should be but was struggling to get lever pressure. After asking around someone told me to remove the master cyl cap and just"flick" the brake lever enough to move the piston about 2-3mm and watch for little bubbles, sure enough the last bit of air came out and now have pressure at the lever and the brake is perfect except for a bit squeaky from fluid on the pads. The only downside is it took a good half hour or more of fiddling with the lever but it's worth knowing. Good luck with yours.

HI, I fitted one and managed to bleed the brake to ALMOST as it should be but was struggling to get lever pressure. After asking around someone told me to remove the master cyl cap and just"flick" the brake lever enough to move the piston about 2-3mm and watch for little bubbles, sure enough the last bit of air came out and now have pressure at the lever and the brake is perfect except for a bit squeaky from fluid on the pads. The only downside is it took a good half hour or more of fiddling with the lever but it's worth knowing. Good luck with yours.

Thanks I will try anything its driving me mad I have a master cylinder service kit coming so with that fitted and your advice I will hopefully get to the bottom of it and get it fixed....

Thanks

Evo Boy