Rev 3 Suspension Settings Advice Please

brenin

Hi All,

Im in the process of setting up my 08 Beta Rev 3 250. Im looking for advice regarding how much preload and damping to dial in. Im a novice and i weigh about 85kg plus my kit.

Does the standard damping and spring offer enough adjustment for a man of my weight, or will I have to change things?

I have ried searching the forum with without success. The search engine doesnt seem to like words of 3 or less letters, so 'Rev' and '3' is a bit of a non starter!

many thanks

Ian

Ian. My Rev 3 suspension seemed to change very little whatever I dialed the rebound of the shocks too. The preload makes a difference so just have a twiddle. Others may think differently. But the correct fork oil and quantities definately made a hell of a difference so get this spot on. They are easy to rebuild with minimal tools. I'm the same weight as you. Could be worth having the rear shock rebuilt. Mine made a hell of a difference when i had it done. Lampkins do an exhange service.

Mine (shock) was rebuilt by a chap oop norf. It was £80 including bearings, seals etc.

Top class job as its not leaked or gone wrong since and has been loads better since the repair.

His name Andy Dawson on 07973628270.

Set the shock and forks to 1/3 sag when you are stood on the bike. Get a friend to help and check it a few times.

Lube the swing arm bearings and head bearings.

Front and back shocks have Rebound damping. Set these to take the springy or bouncy feel off the suspension action. Now adjust either direction to your preference but remember a slower rebound gives slightly more traction.

If the rebound adjuster makes no difference then shock is due a service.

GET THE SHOCK serviced anyway as the bike has a few years under it.

Ralphy

• 2 months later...

He was excellent on mine. Shipped and returned in one week. A year later and no issues, leaks etc. He also replaced the lower bearing for me and returned it with new seals for assemble. He is your man.