Montesa Cota 247 Wheel Spokes

bombardier

hi all, not been on here before,but i have recently aquired a 247 cota,the wheels need respoking and i am having ago myself !!! having rebuilt several brit bikes and a few jap machines i thought i might give classic trials ago.

Anyway if anybody can tell me what sizes the spokes are i would be more than grateful.

are ty175 / 250 the same size as the front wheel.??

hope you can help and i am sure i will be posting more silly questions soon.

Hi bombardier and well done on getting a 247 (pics and more info please!)

I had the wheels rebuilt on mine by a great guy (Vince Warner) who is based in West Sussex. http://colwoodwheelworks.co.uk/wheel-building/

Assuming that the wheels that you have are the more common, small hub type (as opposed to the large mk1 hub wheels) I know that he stored all the dimensions and specifications for the spokes, and I am sure that he would be very happy to supply the correct spokes, or to rebuild the wheels.

If you have the front hub as used on most 247s and all 348s, then yes the front spokes made for TY175/250 front wheel will fit. Would you like a photo showing my 348 front wheel recently respoked with genuine TY spokes?

Hi and welcome, bombardier. If your 247 front wheel is the same as the 200 cota, i have the exact measurements here for you. Could you post a picture of your wheel & hub. I've recently relaced my wheels and can recomend a good supplier who makes them to order. John

montesa restoration

post-18033-0-89212800-1362659337_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

hi all, i have posted this question before but not much in the reply area,so i am trying again.

I am looking for the sizes for the front and rear wheel spokes.I thought i had cracked it as i was told by a major wheel rebuilder in the midlands that they could supply them only to be told they need more info, as i have been waiting for a month and still no joy i thought i will try elsewere .

Any info will be gratefully received like suppliers,shops, dealer etc

The wheels are 21" and 18" and on standard size hubs.

Many thanks in advance

Hi Andy

Rear spokes 191mm from back of bend

Front spokes 231mm from back of bend.

Bend abour 85 degrees with app 3mm from bend to swage at base of spoke.

Spoke dia 3.1mm or nearest wire guage.

This applies to the small hub equal length both sides versions from 1970 , but not sure when the hubs changed to longer one side..

Look up Central Wheels Birmingham uk cost app £69 for a set of 36 St/St spokes with Nipples.

Hope this helps.

Martin