Tr280I In Matt Carbon & White Pearl

jkmr1

No graphics kit available sorry. Although I'm sure it could be produced as one. It's done in paint. The decals are custom made and the carbon is an immersed image over a black base coat. The white pearl and decals are applied on top of the carbon and then it is all finished in a matte clear. Frame and forks are finished in gloss. The carbon is done by a company called Immersion Imaging. Here is some more examples of their work. http://www.facebook.com/immersionimaging

Thanks. I made the front number board so that I could mount both the capacitor and a 12v 2200mah rechargeable flight battery. A two way switch is mounted that allows me to start from cold using the battery and then switch to the capacitor.Bike always starts first or second kick with this system. When warm i can start it bare foot using the battery option! It was a bitch to start without a battery. The battery lasts a couple of months before I need to recharge it. I also removed all of the unnecessary wiring from the loom so that now there is just one waterproof, multi-pin connector that connects everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I made the front number board so that I could mount both the capacitor and a 12v 2200mah rechargeable flight battery. A two way switch is mounted that allows me to start from cold using the battery and then switch to the capacitor.Bike always starts first or second kick with this system. When warm i can start it bare foot using the battery option! It was a bitch to start without a battery. The battery lasts a couple of months before I need to recharge it. I also removed all of the unnecessary wiring from the loom so that now there is just one waterproof, multi-pin connector that connects everything.

I hate all the wiring behind the number plate on my 2011.Was it a really big job to trim it down?

No not really. Most of the wiring is redundant anyway. I just determined what was what, trimmed out the unwanted ones (there are a lot of earth connections that go back to one main earth) and sealed of the ends with small shrink wrap. Then made up a new front loom to accommodate the battery, switch and capacitor. Now there is just one multi pin, waterproof, Deutsche connector linking everything to the main loom. I am surprised that OSSA use only one loom. It would make sense to have a simplified version when the bikes are being exported to countries where registration and on road use is not a option? Maybe what they should do is create a loom that is able to accommodate the inclusion of a battery and then perhaps include the battery??? But then I guess there is no need as it is just the odd bike that wont start huh!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, very nice indeed jk. I have one of those "odd bikes" that wont start, lol. Could you do a simple wiring diagram on what you have done with the 12v battery, switch and capacitor and post it on here please? Maybe I can make my bike easy to start from cold. :wall:

• 8 months later...