Is Possible To Reconstruct Exhaust Silencer?

koby

140:1 is fine for trial for the Ossa, use a high quality synth 2T oil. After you warm it up make sure you "rev it out" to clean out any deposits etc from the warm up / choke period. Many riders forget to do this and slowly their exhaust will plug, motor does not breath as it should and you have problems. Hope this helps.

140:1 is fine for trial for the Ossa, use a high quality synth 2T oil. After you warm it up make sure you "rev it out" to clean out any deposits etc from the warm up / choke period. Many riders forget to do this and slowly their exhaust will plug, motor does not breath as it should and you have problems. Hope this helps.

How did bikes ever run at 25:1 mineral oil ?

Edited by b40rt

Ok, I will use 140/1... True is that Ossa with petrol mix 100/1 has problem with choke after a while on little gas... Then I pull full throttle until the engine running smoothly... In fact, life time of spark plug NGK br5es was about 40 hours. Im curious, it will be better with petrol mix 140/1...

Edited by koby

Ossas recommendation is 140/1 ;-) I think my bike is ok, because I know three Ossa bikes and all have problem with totaly black piston and short life time of spark plugs... I think there is behavior. :-( But its off topic.

140:1 is Ossa's recommendation to me. For the fuel, on ECO19 software there is a fuel co-efficient adjustment from 95% to 105%. On ECO17 software set the TPS at 6 to 7 deg - will do the trick.

cheers

borus: Ok, but I have map 11, because I have old CDI and map 11 is supposedly the last map for my version CDI . At least my dealer say it... :-/ I must change ECU for be able to record the last software... no?

Edited by koby

• 2 months later...

Ossas recommendation is 140/1 ;-) I think my bike is ok, because I know three Ossa bikes and all have problem with totaly black piston and short life time of spark plugs... I think there is behavior. :-( But its off topic.

You guys must have a different version of the manual to me, I have a 2011 and 2012 book and both say 110:1

Only just read this topic (I don't have an Ossa) but 'Accustafil' is the only packing I'd use in a silencer (Buells and Ducatis blow anything else out). Wrap it snug, but not too tight and hold it in place with a little masking tape which will burn out.