Castrol R ?

dixie

My Tiger cub, 3ta, 5ta and T100, all ran/run on it, the only time I change it is when it burns (takes on a sooty colour).

Have never really seen the gummed up mess, some of you talk about.

My concern was more with clutch performance issues. I LOVE THE SMELL!!!!!!

If it's just the clutch you're worried about, then on the plus side there isn't much you can do that would make a Honda clutch any worse than it already is....

If you're running it as engine oil you should never smell it..??

A good few years ago, worked with a chap, who went out and bought a 1930's Brough Superior,

big money of course.

Could hardly ride a bike and certainly wouldn't listen to advice from me.

First maintenance job - changed the oil for Castrol R.

I couldn't believe it at the time either.

Regards

Sparks

You are missing the point, not using in a 2t for pre mix..... no box oil would of been in the pw , its a 2t??????

I am talking about the engine/ clutch, gearbox. not in pre mix for a 2t

If it's just the clutch you're worried about, then on the plus side there isn't much you can do that would make a Honda clutch any worse than it already is....

If you're running it as engine oil you should never smell it..??

Yes you can, Have you never smelt a nice big british 4t, ahh Bisto..

I thought that was because they tipped a teaspoon of it into the fuel, just for the R smell. That's all you need to do if you just want the smell of it

The engine shouldn't be burning off its own oil... I'm not sure it produces the smell just from it getting hot and vapours finding their way out of the exhaust

Given the quality of modern oil and the fact that a Honda clutch needs all the help it can get to achieve a smooth action and reduce the graunching, snatching and juddering they usually display, I think you'd be barmy to fill the engine with R.

• Like 1

You are missing the point, not using in a 2t for pre mix..... no box oil would of been in the pw , its a 2t??????

I am talking about the engine/ clutch, gearbox. not in pre mix for a 2t

Hi dixie, yes I realised you were talking 4-st and should have said "here's a 2-st, just for interest".

You do get a slight smell from an open breather pipe on a 4-st, but the general consensus does seem to be that modern oils are much better, so I'll leave it there :rolleyes:

use full synthitic in your Honda 4T.

change it often..very often...dont waste time and money holding onto past oils...

Fuchs makes one of the best oils for Hondas.. iv used it in my TLR250 and have road it hard, in the desert heat...with my big ars on the pegs...clutch still works great, with no chatter issues.

if youv not had Syn, oil in the bike, change it after 20 hours of use the first time, clean the screen well,

http://www.silkolene.com/index.php?calling=product⊂=offroad#

that way you can say,,,i changed my fuchin oil lol