Might Buy A 1975 Sherpa T 350

guys

Hello Guys,

If possible check the brake drums. The chrome brake surface has a tendency to come adrift. It's not that expensive to have the drums relined. Just a time consuming exercise with R & R ing the rim/s and spokes.

Even with poor brakes they are a better bike than any Honda.

Whoops did I say that out loud? Anyway I hope you have luck in getting one.

P.S I saw a Sherpa T 1975 model (159) with honda wheels fitted to it on the week end. Dam ugly.

Cheers

brt650

• Like 2

I wouldn't class myself as No1 Bultaco Fan,rode a 76 (managed to seize the big end) and frankly it just fell apart ,never so happy when dad got me a TL125.

Having not learn my lesson I ended up with a new 79 250,it too fell apart rapidly especially the wheels and the airbox couldn't keep water out.

Moved on to RL,s which I wrecked too but at least they lasted a year or two.

Strangely I later got involved with Italjets which looked like Bultaco copies,but I loved them,never had any issues with them.

My advice,go modern.

Sorry breagh,

But how can you compare a TL125 to a Sherpa t 350? Not even in the same league.

Also I believe a Montesa 4RT would be classed as a modern bike. Which he already owns by his status.

And I have 8 bikes that don't fall apart because I do regular maintenance on them.

And I do agree with you on the Italjet , a lovely bike, for someone else to own.

Cheers

brt650

• Like 3

The 1975 Sherpa 325's are a really nice bike to ride,and they look great when freshly painted, lots of alloy to polish as well. The best part about restoring Bultacos is that all parts are available for them and the motors are virtually bulletproof and dead simple to work on.

Cheers Greg

• Like 3

"How can you compare a TL125 to a Sherpa t 350? Not even in the same league.

Also I believe a Montesa 4RT would be classed as a modern bike. Which he already owns by his status.

And I have 8 bikes that don't fall apart because I do regular maintenance on them.

And I do agree with you on the Italjet , a lovely bike, for someone else to own.

Cheers

brt650"

Ok I surrender,but remember I was only 13 and the left hand kickstart(non Primary) no choke, had to flood it to death was heavy going.

Everything worked on the Honda,it even had brakes.

Bye the Noo.

• 1 month later...

Hi brt650, yes I went to the 2 day event in aywaille (Belgium) but the carb kept flooding and had to give up after 6 non-stops.

I was completely nackered from kickstarting 3 times for half an hour :wall:

In the meanwile:

420639_4189500594719_1909490895_n.jpg

He's getting the full treatment...

Edited by guys
  • Like 2