Making Sections

When I go out to practice I find that I always seem to give myself an easier route than I would probably find in a competition. I bought 10 red and 10 blue flags so I could mark my own sections. Any advice on what sort of things I should have in the sections? I'm finding it difficult to make my own sections.

:)

• Like 1

I had the same issue heres how i seemed to sort it

1. Have confidence in your ability and try new things , just like you would in a trial don't be scared to attempt things and HAVE AGO
  2. You should not be able to clean the section you make straight away put in things that are difficult but more technical ( tight turns , controlled manoeuvres ) it s not all about the big steps and massive hills

As for specifics I personally recommend (alter to meet skill level) :

• Rock step then about a bike then sharp turn a bike lengths from top
  • Tight turns on hill
  • Drop off then turn
  • Go to nice slippery ground , clay etc
  • Double Tiered steps
  • Wet Streams

Hope this has helped :)

Have fun and keep the feet up

• Like 1

I think we all tend to do that when out practicing, It helps if you can get a mate to set them out for you or with you, Include things that you dont like doing, so that you can practice those bits.

I dont like going over logs for some reason and you nearly always get them in our sections down in kent.

Turning on cambers is a good one to practice, make your section tight and keep at it, It does make you feel good when you do clean it.

Hope that helps

TLTEL

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...