Sherco Reliability

luckaz

I am interested in a new 2013 Sherco 2.9. I have a 2010 GG currently. I was just in a local (Beta) shop and someone mentioned to me that the Sherco bikes have had electrical problems. I can't find any forum postings about this.

Any truth to this?

Any general comments about the quality of the bikes and their reliability?

Thanks

Im on 2011 sherco. No electric problems. Personally I find sherco very well built compared to my friends gas gas. He seems to have many more problems with his gas gas than I have with my sherco.the only weakness I can report of on my 2011 is the cooling system. Radiator mounting position... Water pump seals and weak thermostat. I think they have sorted these though. Have fun!

A Beta dealer saying another brand has electrical problems, that's almost like a gas gas dealer saying another brand has a weak gearbox :rolleyes:

The leonelli stators had a few problems when they first changed over from the ducati electronica ignition but that was years ago & sounds to have been sorted once the dual curve ignition came along

Buying a brand new bike like you're looking at is 1 way of minimising the possiblity of problems

Edited by tony27

Had a nice ride today on the 2013 2.9. Loved the suspension and the transmission. Hated the fact it stalled every time it pointed downhill and was hard to start pointing downhill. Apparently this can be fixed with a carb cleaning. I'll try it again after the cleaning and hopefully it is better.