Ty 175 On A D.c Bike Rack?

shipdamite

I carry my TY250 on a Dave Cooper rack,been thousands of miles with it.Esp usefull on the motorway as it does not restrict you out of the third lane.Its also good in lanes when you have to reverse - alot easier than backing a small trailer you may have a job to see.

Thank you both for the confirmation.

To-date, I have only used the rack twice for local journeys with a gas gas on the back and normally I use a bike trailer.

Being a bit of a worry guts, I have just beefed up the towbar arrangement with a thick inner plate on the floor (instead of the 3 washers used by the towbar fitter) and an angle iron brace off the inner upright plate (the full width of the inner floor area) if that makes sense!

belt and braces, but I don't want any trauma's.

Thanks again.

If you look on the Dave Cooper website the Senior rack for big wheel bikes will carry 130kg and the TY175 weighs in a 81kg according to the Haynes manual, but then it does say he TY125 is 93kg, something wrong there but either way It looks like you will be ok.

If you look on the Dave Cooper website the Senior rack for big wheel bikes will carry 130kg and the TY175 weighs in a 81kg according to the Haynes manual, but then it does say he TY125 is 93kg, something wrong there but either way It looks like you will be ok.

Thanks Andy!