Montesa Mh123 - Help Needed... :)

lior_baruch

Hey there, I almost completed the restoration of my Montesa MH123 (Frame number MH00047).

I started working on it's engine and found that some parts are missing, in addition to the fact that I have no idea how to adjust the kick starter spindle... had to remove it to replace a broken spring in had, not it needs to be adjusted.. how? :)

The missing parts I could notice are the plate on the clutch basket, including the rod, where can I get it? is it the same of the Cota 247?

Thank,

Lior.

IMG_4007.JPG

P1080283.JPG

not sure if its the same as 247 it looks the same (some on that bay site ) but could be bigger ,it will be same as mh200 and cota 200 the lock washer and nut is missing the hat (push plate) then goes on and theres a small brass piece that fits in the side case that pushes on the plate ,, its hard to describe how to set the kickstart shaft up its quite a job but if its all gone back together in the correct alignment the engager will be sat clockwise unsprung and engaged when casing fitted you then turn it anticlockwise it will then come up on the spur and disengage putting tension on which brings the starter to rest on the casing ps the gear selctor looks very low and looks like it will hit the casing when trying to select or isnt it fully in position you might get the parts from south west montesa or try google dealers in spain