Tlr Brake Pedal Slop

90vanman

Hi each, another little puzzle for you all, the brake pedal on my tlr200 is sloppy, it seems to have a bushing in the hole that the shaft goes through, which is worn. does anyone know whether the bushing is removable, if it is I can turn up a new bush to fit more closely to the shaft. This job is one of the last to be done to finish a rolling restoration. I shall post some pictures of my and my mates bike soon, if anyone is interested. Dave

I have just put mine back together and did not notice a bush in there only an O ring. Maybe yours was sloppy and someone altered it??. My frame has been blasted, powder coated etc and the pedal / shaft went in a snug fit.

Hi Andy, thanks for that bit of information, it may be that the recess for the seal makes it look like a bush in the housing, I might try and gently pull it out though, cos I'd like to get this sorted. I've now got a billet yoke set to put on when time allows, is nothing cheap on these bikes!! I'll put up some pictures and outline what has been done and roughly how much it all cost. That'll scare you, it certainly did me. Dave

Vanman

There are TWO rubber seals one at the face the other at the rear,they fit into shallow recesses,

if these have been missing for some time the brake pedal can get sloppy,and wear the hole.

If you buy new seals try to get the ones with a metal outer cage,

• 2 months later...

Hi Bashplate, that is what I was thinking of doing, I thought that the collar or whatever it is , might have been pressed in in which case it should press out. If it does press out it can be replaced with a brass or bronze bush. I will have a go at drilling it out when I get round to lowering the footrests, the last job to achieve perfection. Dave