4Rt Sparkplug

krazyosucowboy

• 2 months later...

CR6EH-9 plug ot the 4RT is also common on a lot of other engines.

Irridium equivalent would be: CR6EIX-9 or CR6EIA-9 ($8.89 + free shipping at Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/NGK-CR6EIA-9-Iridium-Spark-Plug/dp/B001RLOE8U)

Some of the quad guys go one heat range hotter: CR7EIX-9, they claim better idle, starting, and running. Snow machines are also using this plug.

My trial shop advised me to use the standard CR6EH-9 in the summer and when it's below 10°C to use the CR5EH-9. And my 4RT starts and runs always fine.

I would not use the CR7EIX-9, unless it's very hot or you are riding a lot at high speeds...A trials bike is no quad...

You should try the E3 plug, I'm convinced that it has prevented some of the stalls I used to have. I actually had the engine momentarily stall and restart, like a 2 stroke will do. I didn't think that was possible with a 4 stroke, but it happened twice since using the E3 plug. The 4RT uses the E3.38 plug. I've had the same plug for 2 years now. Cheaper too...

• 1 month later...

You should try the E3 plug, I'm convinced that it has prevented some of the stalls I used to have. I actually had the engine momentarily stall and restart, like a 2 stroke will do. I didn't think that was possible with a 4 stroke, but it happened twice since using the E3 plug. The 4RT uses the E3.38 plug. I've had the same plug for 2 years now. Cheaper too...

I just pick up an E3 to give it a shot.

Do you know what gap you are running?