Air Valves On Tymono Forks.

martyb

Hi All,

Anyone know anything about air valves on the top of my mono forks?

They appear to be the same size as tyre valves.

I assume they are meant for loading etc.

A pal of mine says they may be majesty.

Any ideas chaps?

Edited by martyb

Hi Lineaway,

Thanks for the response. I couldnt find any ref to this set up on the net and isnt in the standard manual. I assume its aftermarket kit.

I have put a pressure guage on one of the valves and there is no psi registering but a tiny amount of air came out(minimal)

The forks operate fine with no probs. Used it 3hrs saturday in woods and quarry.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hi, my tlr 200 Honda is fitted with them as standard, they are for pre-loading the fork for lardarse riders or very rough ground.the norm is no air pressure in them but they can be pumped up to about 3psi or so to adjust sag with a heavy rider aboard. Pump them up with a push bike pump, gently, till you get the sag you want, or to stop bottoming out. Dave

• 1 month later...

The caps were std on the 84 bike but not the subsequent S model. you can pressure them if you live too close to McD's but in the day they were just for releasing pressure. I wouldnt put much in as you may just pop the fork seal.

• Like 2