No Stop Demonstration By Albert

jj65

If Toni wasn't riding, this would've been Alberts year, his riding style is so natural and clean. I thought he rode best at Sheffield this year too. I can't see much wrong with this....

http://youtu.be/7ox0dTY0BSE

Of the dozen or so Utube No Stop Videos I have watched, seems like the minders have very little work to do.

is this section a true test of the top riders in the world? Would like to see ferrers first lap here to compere

Having seen other vids of so called no stop, yes. He may have made it look easier than it actually was (Albert is capable of wining). But without seeing all the other riders riding this section (as they may have got cleans for momentarily stopping). Still shows what no stop should be and it's nice to see a rider making his own decisions rather than being assisted, told what to do by a minder.

• Like 3

Having seen other vids of so called no stop, yes. He may have made it look easier than it actually was (Albert is capable of wining). But without seeing all the other riders riding this section (as they may have got cleans for momentarily stopping). Still shows what no stop should be and it's nice to see a rider making his own decisions rather than being assisted, told what to do by a minder.

i saw bou's ride and he definately stopped on this very section and this could be why albert is so (justifiably) miffed.

this is the injustice and the stressfulness for the observer.

• Like 1

Having watched Cabestany's incredibly smooth and skilful ride through the section, here's Fuji's version of no-stop.

This is the biggest difference between no-stop and stop allowed. You can see the section is possible no stop from Cabestany's ride. Fuji looks like he is struggling to hold a line and balance without stopping. He appears to be deliberately stopping to regain control and set himself up. If he didn't stop he'd probably have had a dab or so. He should have been given a 5 on about four occassions.

If the section was ridden under stop and hop allowed they'd have ridden it with their eyes shut, no-stop it creates more of a challenge.

So in that respect it achieves what it sets out to do, a section that causes problems if ridden to the rules and is obviously very difficult but not stupid (although I might think otherwise if standing at the bottom of it...)

A success or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XrJRFynYz6Y

Although I'm a great Fuji fan, I simply have to agree, Albert rode that section superbly. A perfect example of how No Stop Trials is a skill and to ride like Albert, a very special skill. No wonder he feels the way he does, when you look at how some other top riders rode and also got a clean!

• Like 3

Its very easy to see in the examples of these two clips of Cab and Fugi how the result is determined by the observer not by the skill of the rider. How can Cab not feel cheated when viewing his competitors non compliance with the new rules and receive a clean when it obviously was not. Why is this margin of error deemed OK by markers , when it clearly is negating the prowess of the more skilled riders. Its not a slack dab there missing its a failure. If Michiad thinks all is well, he is fooling himself and making the new format more unpalatable for all.

• Like 2