Gaerne Boots Warranty

closeybeta2011

• 2 months later...

update on my boots after dropping them off in may 3rd to bvm and whilst i was dropping them off to bvm there was a guy there who had the same problem only 4 months old so bvm then sent them to gaerne importers for warranty then said they sending them for repair i thought fair enough better than nothing only to find out they sent to gaerne in Italy but my problem is its now over two and a half months and still haven had them back which i dont think is rite i make the phone call to bvm once a week to find out whats happen with them but thay cant tell me if thay have left Italy or even if thay are back in the uk im starting to get pist off with it 220 for a pair of boots that was worn 10-16 times in 6 months and cant even tell me when im going to get them back the way its going the boots will be over 12 months old any infor on what to do next will be great

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no expert on legal stuff but I recon your issue is with the shop you bought them from. They were happy to take your money for the boots so they should sort it for you. If they then have to go back to Gaerne to get their money back then thats they're problem not yours.... I'd tell the shop that you want a new pair now and if they don't sort it report them to Trading standards and I bet you'll then get a nice shiny new pair....

• 2 weeks later...

I call mrs last Friday and basically told me that it isn't warranty as the so now some one has changed there minds now there trying to tell me they were a good will which I now was a load of s##t here is a reply of an email I had to day Please can you arrange to send the boots back and we will do our best to resolve this situation as I explained on the telephone. I am very sorry it has taken so long for you to receive the boots back but this is an issue you need to take up with BVM.

I understand your frustration but this situation should have been resolved with BVM a long time ago if they felt it was a warranty issue, which as I explained, we didn't actually feel it was as the boots were in a very bad state. However, as a goodwill gesture we did return the boots to Gaerne for you but I understand there is still an issue with the sole. For this reason I have asked you to return the boots direct to us so we can sort this problem ourselves, without involving BVM, who are actually the people responsible.

If you would like us to repair the boots we are happy to do this as a goodwill gesture and our address is: Ok the boots what's only 6 months old out of 6 months they was only used maby once -twice a week if i was lucky for only 3 months as I had problems with the bike No because I have some where marks what look like scram marks on leather on top of the boots now they trying to say they are well worn That has no affect on the stitching Now for the best part mrs told me that only reason for the stitching failing on the toes is from kicking rocks ha ha the problem is just not the toe it's on the sides was waiting for a other excuse but now seems they have passed me back to Bvm and had no reply So where do I stand Iv also revived an email from Bvm to nite Dear Damien,

Sorry to here of the problems you have had with the Gearne boots.

Malcolm Rathmell Sport have passed the issue back to us at BVM.

We understand you are unhappy with the current repair and we would

like to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

We would like to suggest that we arrange for a courier to collect the boots

from you in to save you any return postage costs. We will then get the

repair made good at a company local to ourselves, which will be carried

out ASAP.

We will then return the boots to you. We hope this will resolve the issue.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Kind Regards

Laurence Now to be honest I can't see this as Going to resolve this issue by sending them to be glued up by some cobbler as they need to be stitched Which gaerne them selves in Italy cant do-haven't done only glued them that Has not stuck. So what do I do now where do I stand legally Any info will be grate