Ty175 Kickstart

ausy300pro

Has anyone fitted an alternative kickstart to a 175 Yam, my project Majesty is looking good now but the kickstart is worn although does still work, I would like a better one, one that looks better, works better and is lighter, has anyone fitted an alloy kickstart or modified the original (like the pre 65 boys do), anyone that can sell me a modified one or modify my original ? any help appreciated, it is going to let rest of bike down.

I had a used '91 WR200 kickstarter that I adapted to my TY175. The lower half is the original TY, and the upper half is from the WR200. The detent ball and spring was in a different location on the WR kicker than on the TY kicker, so to get it to work, I had to drill another pocket in the TY lower half for the ball to detent in to. I have a B&J Racing electronic ignition on it, and it starts really easy, so the shorter kicker is no problem. I still have to lift the footpeg up to get it to kick all the way through. Since it is shorter, it's less likely to bend like the original one did.

gallery_15364_71_105883.jpg

e3e87994.jpg

7b8e70ee.jpg

Gary