Length Of Shocks For Tl320 & Jumbo

mudyman

Hi all,

I have the following problem.

I need 3 x new shocks for 2 x TL320´´s and a 350 Jumbo. I thought they were all 340 mm but Inmotion say they should be 360 mm ? On swm-moto.org data sheet it says 340 mm for all mod.

I can remember Martin telling me 340 mm also.

I then measured some of my old ones and found that a very early TL320 "Gunaco" I have (which has the old red shocks with the external resevoir on it) are 360 mm. On a 1981 TL320 (which has Marzochi units) they are 340 mm ???

Mmmh the standard Girlings which are mounted on my TL.NW Guanaco 320, (still working very well), are 360mm in length.

I mounted Falcons now which are 372mm so even slightly longer. And I' am very pleased with the outcome. Mine is a 1980 yellow Italian model.

Standard size 340mm , I had some 360mm on Jumbo 350 but bike looked too high at rear compared to 320 Jumbo (both work okay)

Now running 350mm with hard springs on my Jumbo 350 , bike sits right and they work really well

hope that helps

Standard size 340mm , I had some 360mm on Jumbo 350 but bike looked too high at rear compared to 320 Jumbo (both work okay)

Now running 350mm with hard springs on my Jumbo 350 , bike sits right and they work really well

hope that helps

Rob, you run out of autosol yet ?

Hi mudyman

Glad you posted this, just checked and I have 360 and 350's, now I'm going to swap them over to see the difference, if any ?

This is where Rockshocks really score as you can change the length easily and fairly cheaply.

Edited by b40rt