What Did You Do To Your Fantic Twin Or Mono Shock Today !

shyted

Moved it out of the way so I could build a new bath panel.

Several questions:

• How did you get the wife to allow you to have your bike in the bathroom?
  • Do you have a downstairs Bathroom?
  • If your bathroom is upstairs did you ride it up?
  • If you rode it up what gear did you select 1st and slow or 3rd on 'Full Chat'
  • Now the bath panel is fitted are you moving the bike to the bedroom?
  • If the above is the case it might be the only ride your getting in there?

Just curious that's all? :hyper:

• Like 5

spent hours messing with the front brake trying to get some action.. although the new cable is the right length it seem that i had to adjust both the lever and the fork leg adjuster right out just to get any bite.. so in the end swapped out the no name lever for a domino and bingo.. the distance from adjuster to lever is circa 12mm greater and thus takes up a good bit of the slack i was experiencing.

hopefully i ll get a chance to test it up and down the drive tomorrow. i ve also been looking at the spacers or lack of them in the front wheel as the whell sits measureably closer to the nearside fork leg than the other.. no definative answer yet.. BUT i m not sure what should be there.. any advice.. (its a 200..)

no speedo drive... ive some spare spacers kicking about the garage so i ve used two that sit the wheel centrally between the forks. i,m putting in new shoes this we and shortening the front cable an inch so that the thing is set up okay.. then i ll jump onto replacing the weeping fork seal THEN the front end 'might, be sorted..

moral of this story is.. when you park a bike up and leave it at the back of the garage write a note to yourself detailing what needs to be done so that come the day you pull it out you know what needs doing!!

• Like 1

Several questions:

• How did you get the wife to allow you to have your bike in the bathroom?
  • Do you have a downstairs Bathroom?
  • If your bathroom is upstairs did you ride it up?
  • If you rode it up what gear did you select 1st and slow or 3rd on 'Full Chat'
  • Now the bath panel is fitted are you moving the bike to the bedroom?
  • If the above is the case it might be the only ride your getting in there?

Just curious that's all? :hyper:

Brilliant ! - My dad has his AJS Scrambler in the bedroom !

8:17 pm local time ... van and trailer loaded with bikes and vacation gear !!!! leave at 6:00 am for Tennessee ! And boy do I have a $hit load of Fantics to tote along !!!

Can't wait to be there !

Glenn

• Like 1

nearside fork leg off and strippedit wasnt the upper seals leaking but the washer on the bolt at the bottom of the leg but putting new seals in as the thing is off and new springs. ( the current springs are now over an inch sorter than they should be!!)

so todays question.. at the bottom of the fork leg where the large bolt goes in is a washer.. should it be fibre or rubber.. as i have both and both in bits..

Edited by totalshell

And today i sorted my box of 245 spares and have nearly enough to start a new project . But need a chain side outer engine case and same side crank case as the mount on mine is snapped and don't have the missing bit . Will be scouting about in the near future .

Ted

Yesterday i rode my 305 after a month of it standing in the shed because of a injury to wrist.

It took me about 5 mintues to get used to her again, but after that it wa a joy.

This week i have to make a small chaingard to cover the lower portion of the rearwheel sprocket.

The following weekend i will ride her in the next D-cup meeting in Germany.

Hope the wether will hold up like today.

Sold my 200, well the other day actually. Prefer my Ty !!!

So what was wrong with your 200? I can only compare my 240 to TY175 since I haven't ridden a 200 but Wow,my 240 works better in every way!(Even the owner of the EXTREMELY nice Ty175 said I should sponsor him on my 240.