What Did You Do To Your Fantic Twin Or Mono Shock Today !

shyted

Nothing wrong with it as such, a really good bike but I just prefer riding

the Ty in the twinshock trials that I compete in.

I gave it a good go but it came to a point that whenever I was doing a

twinshock event I would always go for my Yam. Just personal preference...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

you know when you have something to sort out that you ve been putting off.. well today i grabbed the 200 by the forks and sorted it.. BOOM.

the 200 forks have wept for a while but not from the seals, right down at the bottom where the screw goes into the damper rod. on advice i stripped em right down again and cleand up the surface, howeverassembling the real issue became obvious.. althouigh apperaing nice and sugly tightened up ther was just a smidgen of up and down movement so i whipped it ot added another washer and BINGO. the fork now holds oil so i reassembled with a new spring from inmotion ( site sponsers..) and a correct length spacer and 150ml of 5wt oil and 3 hours later its still oil tight.

whilst about it and inspired by vestys weight reduction i reached for the chop saw and had the lock off the headstock ( 153g as you ask) .

at some point the brake cable stay had become 'lost' so the brakes needed fettling once a replcement was sourced form a well known tinternet auction site beginning in e and ending in bay

i added a new cable and shoes from a site who is not site sponser but offers next day service and cheap prices..

the shoes/ drum interface was a bit 'baggy' 'slack' the root cause been the drum would benifit from a skim but needs must so i packed the trailing shoe a littel and the front stopper stops, not as good as a disc but it stops..

fuelled it up two kicks and bingo riding leak free, the only downside the other leg will need its spring and oil changing before we move on to tuning the things.. as they can work well these mazzochis.. and how do we know ahh confesion.. a new italian mistress..

a 301 has found its way into the shed and even though its very eark ly days seems to have its feet under the table it has a disc so stops and forks that work..

i 'll confess that i bought it cheap to part out and keep the motor but as its complete runs well and was originally sold locally at PEMS i think it ll grace the garage for a while at least whilst the local club contemplates an air cooled monos class for next year...

IMG_0067_zpsbc7708fc.jpg

Can't seem to win on carbs with this bike,Oko ran sweet but flooded over regardless of my attempts to fix it, and had a random stall at times.Went back to Dellorto by purchasing a new one,I do not run Alcohol blended fuel.But I had another float,running a 40 pilot,and a 60 slide that has been cut a bit leaner,does run pretty good now. Stock main jet,needle and needle jet. To it's credit Dellorto wasn't flooding even with one float half full.

set about the front end of the 200.. two ambitions.. tune. ( cough) the front forks to lose some of the static sag (over a 1/3 of total movement.) and straighten the front brake bar that got badly bent when i ran out of fuel almost at the top of a very steep climb and rolled all the way back down FAST..

i upped the oil levels in the forks from a cheapskate 160ml to the manuals 220/30 of 10wt and swapped out the solid 40mm spacer in each leg for a 50mm length of old fork spring .. see how that goes at the weekend ( no driveway trials as the whole street is out on thier sun loungers..

a straightened the brake steady ( not hard, as i ve seen stiffer curley wurleys) and pulled out the front wheel so i can check the new shoes are wearing evenly.. i may even get to finish this job tomorrow..

• 2 weeks later...

Fired up the section and played in my swamp (yard !!!) for a little while ... And came to the conclusion that the tires are just hard from age and need to be replaced . Now to find a sale on Michelin's !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Got bit by my Section for the first time !!!!

Got the bike out of the shop to clean off some mud before working on it . so after washing it while wearing shorts and my work boots , I went to fire her up and ride into the shop . Conclusion... Wet, oil soaked work boot soles and wet section aluminum kickstarter don't mix well ! She fired 2nd kick as my foot slipped of the starter , I've got nasty lump/cut just below my knee on the inside of my leg .... My own fault for having shorts on , with pants it would've hurt , but I wouldn't have bled ...!!! then I had to ride the 240 around and play for a bit ...

Glenn