What Did You Do To Your Fantic Twin Or Mono Shock Today !

shyted

Hello htrdoug,

I agree with the ladies, i would like to "test" your Fantic to!

Great picture.

Hope you will enjoy eachothers company for a realy long time.

Come on over,anytime!

I didn't post the pic where my outside knee position is all wrong,seems like I don't stick my knee to the outside of the turn when riding vintage bikes,It's automatic on my Sherco,more practice needed!

Now I need to fix it's flat front tire,clobbered a ledge rather than finessed it. :rolleyes:

Edited by htrdoug

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just turned the heater on out in the shop ... Time to put the fat bars and clamps , grips etc. etc. on the section and decide if I'm taking it to it's first event on Sunday ... May be a fun way to end out this season ... :) , But I'll make sure the trusty 240 is ready for battle too ... And finish the trick aluminum skid plate mounting on my son's reflex !

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

Well S3 fat bars , adjustable clamps , and trifix grips with the #5 s3 bar ends installed ...

Love the bars , clamps and grips , I'll have to see how the S3 5 bar ends last ... No where as secure and as smooth as the Hebo brg.end on my 240 , but serves the same purpose , Grips feel kinda fat and comfy , so should help with forearm pump ...(I hope !)

Glenn

And I found out Fantic was ahead of their time again ! the OE bar clamps were adjustable for position too !

post-1232-0-51633600-1385831449_thumb.jpg

Edited by axulsuv

swapped ou the original rear brake arm on my 200 ( the pinch at the bottom fractured to add to the one sided mount at the other end) so whipped one off my 301 which was a straight swap. also put some locktite on the bolt on the kickstart to stop that coming loose .

cleaned the plug and added some fresh oil to the gearbox..

over the holidays it ll have a deep service and an MOT set for 2014..

Rode the 240 in a fun event today , only twinshock out (except my sons reflex ) , She worked excellent for me as always , surprised a few new modern riders ... Hand cramp and arm pump s@ck !!! Just kept score on the last loop ....

Glenn

• Like 1

Well, decided to ride my little 156 Fantic for only the 4th time since getting it in our last club trial of the year! Decided to jump up a class from the usual vintage and ride the Sr. Intermediate lines for the challenge and to be able to ride with two of my good buddies! The p****** down rain changed the sections after the first loop and made them pretty challenging on a modern bike!

My two good buddies usually battle it out in that class for the win, and we had a very fun time. I was blown away with the bike, and how well it worked. I had never ridden it in mud before. Just felt so comfortable all day on it. A couple sections on the last loop were so slippery that my mates did not even get through them... I have owned a 240, then a 300 and now the little 156. To be honest, it has taken me till now to really appreciate this bike. It has by far the best geometry of all three. At times I have thought it to be underpowered a bit, but in reality it just needs to be ridden a bit different and it works amazing. It is so light for a vintage bike and suspension works great.

Was chuffed to have loop scores of 2-5-0 for a total of 7 to take the win against all the modern bikes! Something special about having that much fun on a bike that was built in 1982!

• Like 4