What Did You Do To Your Fantic Twin Or Mono Shock Today !

shyted

Just went out and torqued the motor mount bolts on the 240 , put some redline gear oil in her , cleaned up my mess and fired her up and played in the yard for a few moments .... Let her stand for a little bit and checked the oil in the sight glass :) I like this change !

Now to watch the boys go around in circles for a while and have a :beer: . Except for laundry my work is done for today :) !

Glenn

post-1232-0-29537100-1424625334_thumb.jpg

And I need to play in my yard more , but it just started pouring down , and the race is coming on ....

post-1232-0-53756800-1424625391_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thankfully we didn't get any snow this year , just alot of cold weather . Last winter Charleston shut down for 4 days due to snow ....

And except for being dirty , nothing wrong with the fins .... It'll look new when I ship the top end off to Langcourts in atlanta to have it replated to fit the custom forged twin ring piston I've got laying in wait ... But she doesn't need it yet . And the angle of the shot makes it look worse than it is , flash and all .

Glenn B)

I'm sorry , but don't sit on the bike on the sidestand !!! First (well maybe second ) thing I told my son when we got him a street bike !!! It's there to support the bike ! , not you ! ....

'just sayin !

no harm intended :)

None taken.

I wasn't sitting on it, I was leaning the bike over to spin the back wheel up to try to clear some mud off between sections and it just snapped the housing at the top.

• 1 month later...

Went out to the shop a little while ago and warmed up the 240 and drained her fresh oil ... 300 motor should be here tomorrow . 

Anticipation sucks ... I hope it's a solid motor and I didn't get had ... Maybe I should attach it to my spare frame and fire it up before I dismantle my trusty 240  !!!! 

COOL ! 

I got the motor at about 4:45 this afternoon at work . Took me about 1/2 a hr. to unpack :) Visual shows no external damage at all , looking thru ports shows new... Bore scope in ports and plug hole looks new . All 6 gears engage , and clutch functions . Can't spin it over loose on bench with plug in hole . :) Gonna bolt it in and wire it and see what happens . Seriously happy camper , I think the 140 miles on the speedo of the dismantled bike is true :)

Glenn 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OK ; update due ... For the last month I haven't done anything to my fantics ! My kids street bike got stolen last month , and to be a nice dad , I threw a motor together for the Miata I had laying about for the donor car for my Exocet retirement toy ...And put insurance on it and gave the ungrateful 19 yr old the keys , Burns oil like a pig , should've had a bore and pistons , but oh well other than massive oil consumption it runs great ...

I've rounded up all the gaskets and seals to do up the 300 motor , along with a 300 expansion chamber , my neighbor (the fabricator guy) is already working a airbox to take a bit larger K&N than the one I have in the 240's box ... But the whole project get's put on hold  , ' cause there is a ITSA event at TTC next month and I need to give the 240 her last romp !!! and I need a weekend with my buddy's ...

Glenn 

• 3 weeks later...

Got a new set of X-Lites in the post today for the Section .... 

Might have to mount them and see what she's like with traction ... The dunlops on her are hard as nails ...

I just love new sticky tires .... The guys at work think I'm nuts . :)

I'd love to , but I'm doing the rounds @ TTC on the 11th & 12th for the 240's last ride before the engine swap ...

My bank account and work only let me get away with so much ... 

I already gave my WR. campsite ticket to a buddy , as I can't make it up there too , as I have to attend my big brothers Funeral service in CT. in August too ...

But Life goes on and I still get to ride a little :)

Glenn 

And I'm thinking hard about selling this house and moving somewhere that I can ride alot more , Every event I attend lately is a 4 hr or alot more drive away one way ... Makes for some borderline stressful weekends and sluggish Mondays at work ...  

Edited by axulsuv

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0067_zpsbc7708fc.jpg

Can't seem to win on carbs with this bike,Oko ran sweet but flooded over regardless of my attempts to fix it, and had a random stall at times.Went back to Dellorto by purchasing a new one,I do not run Alcohol blended fuel.But I had another float,running a 40 pilot,and a 60 slide that has been cut a bit leaner,does run pretty good now. Stock main jet,needle and needle jet. To it's credit Dellorto wasn't flooding even with one float half full.

Had exactly the same problem a couple of years ago with a brand new Dellorto Carb . Inmotion Sent out a replacement FOC , Problem solved 

• 2 weeks later...