Pistons Etc.

shipdamite

They don't plate it .I certainly don't think putting nikasil over iron would improve thermal transfer and didn't say it would . Also it's only as much hassle getting a re-sleeve as getting re plated . Making sure you don't get someone to cock it up for you is the biggest problem .

Rants accepted ,facts stated .

yep; the getting it cocked up bit is the biggest concern!

http://www.pjme.co.u...ob_Packing.html

here? did they ask for your new piston to be sent as well (so they could measure it before doing job) and did they do everything that was required to just fit to the bike?

cheers

Yes, they can't bore it without the new piston...

The cylinder is blasted clean and returned ready to fit to the bike although I rinse them out anyway. All the ports are dressed properly.

They have a backlog of work, so they must be doing it right and they've been around for quite some time.

Ship,checked out your little yam pic's . O.K ain't it for what it is . kinda like my Fantic ,O.K for what it is . Have you seen the yellow one from the states , looks **** hot.

Will get a pic of the Fantic as soon as i've got it something like .

When i had mine ( grim reaper moment coming up ) bloody kick start snapped after a couple of months and the gear selector was made of Swiss cheese . Frame paint p*** poor , but a good reliable little bike .

Ted

Yes, they can't bore it without the new piston...

The cylinder is blasted clean and returned ready to fit to the bike although I rinse them out anyway. All the ports are dressed properly.

They have a backlog of work, so they must be doing it right and they've been around for quite some time.

Thanks for that Woody.

Ship,checked out your little yam pic's . O.K ain't it for what it is . kinda like my Fantic ,O.K for what it is . Have you seen the yellow one from the states , looks **** hot.

Will get a pic of the Fantic as soon as i've got it something like .

When i had mine ( grim reaper moment coming up ) bloody kick start snapped after a couple of months and the gear selector was made of Swiss cheese . Frame paint p*** poor , but a good reliable little bike .

Ted

Hi Ted - cheers. the ty is not bad; p.o/s have done the kickstart mod. gear shift mod. swing arm bushes. mammy siller footpegs. fork tubes. betor shocks. and I have done a heap more ............. played around on it in the yard tonight and with youtube comparables in my head, it didnt sound too much like a digger ;-] reckon it will be a labour of love getting it spot on. the yellow one is lovely ............. but....... if I had a bike that pristine, i'd be worried about using it properly......... I like the idea of a TY that is mechanically spot on, but a bit dinged about. be good to see the fantic ............ oh, off topic, but your matey would be good on a 250 pro............

HI

http://www.sep-kegwo...co.uk/page2.htm

here? did they ask for your new piston to be sent as well (so they could measure it before doing job) and did they do everything that was required to just fit to the bike?

cheers

HI Yes they did and it was blasted which they did not say was going to be done when they quoted me for the job, ports dressed with a really nice chamfer on port edges, was ready either for painting or slotting straight on, it looks quite good anyway as it came up with a nice silver grey finish after the bead blasting. (sorry for late reply)

Hi Ted - cheers. the ty is not bad; p.o/s have done the kickstart mod. gear shift mod. swing arm bushes. mammy siller footpegs. fork tubes. betor shocks. and I have done a heap more ............. played around on it in the yard tonight and with youtube comparables in my head, it didnt sound too much like a digger ;-] reckon it will be a labour of love getting it spot on. the yellow one is lovely ............. but....... if I had a bike that pristine, i'd be worried about using it properly......... I like the idea of a TY that is mechanically spot on, but a bit dinged about. be good to see the fantic ............ oh, off topic, but your matey would be good on a 250 pro............

Damn and blast ,moved the whole quote ,never mind . Know what you mean with the damage stuff . Just had bit's done at triple S and they look like glass . My a*** will be twitching going over rocks when that baby goes out to Backcowm . If you ever fancy a trip to Backcowm give us a shout . The offer is here to stay at our house and spend the day at backcowm and go back to Norfolk the day after . Don,t have to take us up as i know it's a costly to travel but if you want the offer is there .

Ted .

HI

HI Yes they did and it was blasted which they did not say was going to be done when they quoted me for the job, ports dressed with a really nice chamfer on port edges, was ready either for painting or slotting straight on, it looks quite good anyway as it came up with a nice silver grey finish after the bead blasting. (sorry for late reply)

Thanks for that Aussy.

Damn and blast ,moved the whole quote ,never mind . Know what you mean with the damage stuff . Just had bit's done at triple S and they look like glass . My a*** will be twitching going over rocks when that baby goes out to Backcowm . If you ever fancy a trip to Backcowm give us a shout . The offer is here to stay at our house and spend the day at backcowm and go back to Norfolk the day after . Don,t have to take us up as i know it's a costly to travel but if you want the offer is there .

Ted .

Ted - http://cowmleisure.com/?page_id=32 this place looks great! thanks for the kind offer............. will certainly bear that in mind; much appreciated.