Gasser Vs Beta - What Do Ya Reckon?

lingo75

Ok chaps, im in the market for a new bike, Got a Beamish and a 99 mont (which will be going, its lovely hint :) ). Had always wanted to try a really new bike to compare to my 'modern' Montesa 315 and yesterday i got the chance to ride a '13 beta 250 - it was a different class to the old mont in can tell you, grip and turns we amazing.

Now i had always fancied a Gasser based on looks, as i had never riden a new one of either, however the beta has seriously turned my head.

what are your opinions on say a 2011 GG v 2011 Beta Evo. Im just doing clubman stuff...

tar

Dan

GG 250 all day long with the wind behind ya! Or if u fancy a little bit more the GG 300 has got to be the best out there.

No doubt others will say different but after having GG for 20 years, trying other brands say no more.

I've had both.

Beta: great build quality and feel (ergonomics, geometry).

poor plastic and average suspension

Gasgas: best suspension you can buy. slightly lighter than beta. super flexi plastics. build quality maybe a notch lower than beta.

my choice: GASGAS but you will be happier with either. Seems like the older guys like the Betas where I am. I loved mine but am happier with the gasser (12 raga).

Not wishing to hyjack the post and not having ridden any of the modern bikes (Ty175), but are the 300's for experts only because of the power, or are they easier to ride than the equivalant 250 for beginners as presumaby they have more torque?

if you like rebuilding trannys,,then go with a gasser. lol

all the bikes have crappy plastic,...just dont ground loop it.

2013 Beta have great springs..the earlier models were soft, all the Betas iv owned..{since 85} have been ultra reliable, and have worked very well.

they steer slower and feel heavier in the front then a gasser.

if your going to trade in every 2 years and ride at upper level classes, i would jump on a gasser.

if your going to ride at the support or clubman level. and ride the bike a few years..then the Beta would be my choice.

every Gasser iv had and rode shifted like hell, everytime i shifted into 3rd gear i always wondered how many time would it go into gear before it finally went bang..

280 Gas Gas, I've got a 2011 one and its the best bike I've had for many reasons. Build quality on the Gasser's has come on a lot over the years, and Beta are by no means perfect. But as one of the first people said, ride them both if you can and see which one suits you, as really just splitting hairs when it comes to which one is best.

Both great bikes - but very different. As others correctly suggest, You really need to ride them and decide for yourself. The good news is that you really cant go wrong with either one.