Places In Scotland To Ride........

sag sag 280

Made the jump from MX to trials - really enjoying it . Need advice where to ride in Central Scotland ( Inc lower highland & upper borders region ) Have found a few good spots near Muirkirk ( nr Strathaven ) and looking for more - really apprecaite any input here Thanks Barry ( Hamilton )

Made the jump from MX to trials - really enjoying it . Need advice where to ride in Central Scotland ( Inc lower highland & upper borders region )  Have found a few good spots near Muirkirk ( nr Strathaven ) and looking for more - really apprecaite any input here  Thanks Barry ( Hamilton )

Barry,

Again as I suggested before, speak to Stevenston and Dalmellington clubs as well. As a club member, you will get knowledge of a few places you can use as practice ground. I know if I fancy a run out I've usually got head there and I'm in the northeast, politics politics........

dy

Edited by Slapshot 3

Hey Barry,

I'd be interested to hear your findings with places to ride.

I too am from lanarkshire, just 15 mins up the road from you in a wee village outside Lanark.

I've been riding Motocross with Irvine MXC since 1993 way back in the Riverside Industrial Estate, Irvine days before we got Drumclog (i was one of the original trackbuilding committee for Drumclog).

Seen a few gatherings of trials bikes on the backroad to drumclog/muirkirk from strathaven and wondered if they were properly observed trials or just a group of pals mucking about?

I've been looking into trying Trials for a while and just wondered whether there were active clubs in our area or plenty places to ride?

Do clubs run beginner classes and how severe are the routes?

Ewan

Hey Barry,

I'd be interested to hear your findings with places to ride.

I too am from lanarkshire, just 15 mins up the road from you in a wee village outside Lanark.

I've been riding Motocross with Irvine MXC since 1993 way back in the Riverside Industrial Estate, Irvine days before we got Drumclog (i was one of the original trackbuilding committee for Drumclog).

Seen a few gatherings of trials bikes on the backroad to drumclog/muirkirk from strathaven and wondered if they were properly observed trials or just a group of pals mucking about?

I've been looking into trying Trials for a while and just wondered whether there were active clubs in our area or plenty places to ride?

Do clubs run beginner classes and how severe are the routes?

Ewan

Welcome to the feet up world Magicjuan....

As said in an earlier post to Sag Sag 280 the thre clubs in your vicinity, Lanarkshire Stevenston and Dalmellington will have something to suit and possibly even some Practice Ground. I can give you contact details for Steveston and Dalmellington, Big John put the Lanarshire club URL in a previous post. Send me a personal message and I'll give you the names and numbers.

Know the two Ayrshire clubs very well, the trials are generally always sensible and will cater for most standards of rider.

Used to go play feet up stuff on the old industrial estate in Irvine, not much there for trials riders but a little imagination goes a long way,

dy

Cheers for the welcome Slapshot :lol:

had a look at the LMCC website, are the contacts you have for the Ayrshire Clubs the Secretary's that can be found on the reverse of the SACU calender? If so i have this in the house as i'm still racing MX.

Any memebers of those lanarkshire or ayrshire clubs on here?

Will go and spectate at the SCRMC's Abington trial at the weekend or Dalmelington's trial at New Cumnock on the 19th and see what this feet up stuffs all about.

My dad actually rode both trials and motocross during the 60's, trialing BSA C15s and actually still has three of them and a B40 scrambler gathering dust, but when i got into bikes at 12 i wanted to race and nothing other Kawasaki KX's interested me. Now at 27 and starting to mellow in my old age i fancy trying trials! :D

Ewan

• 3 years later...
Cheers for the welcome Slapshot :wub:

had a look at the LMCC website, are the contacts you have for the Ayrshire Clubs the Secretary's that can be found on the reverse of the SACU calender? If so i have this in the house as i'm still racing MX.

Any memebers of those lanarkshire or ayrshire clubs on here?

Will go and spectate at the SCRMC's Abington trial at the weekend or Dalmelington's trial at New Cumnock on the 19th and see what this feet up stuffs all about.

My dad actually rode both trials and motocross during the 60's, trialing BSA C15s and actually still has three of them and a B40 scrambler gathering dust, but when i got into bikes at 12 i wanted to race and nothing other Kawasaki KX's interested me. Now at 27 and starting to mellow in my old age i fancy trying trials! :P

Ewan

hi mate im in the lanarkshire just rejoined after a12 year gap doing enduros went back to trials most club trials have an a and b route so dont worry great clud i practise a lot rlive round bathgate area if not to far stevie

• 14 years later...