How Many Fives In This Clip?

I have three words for you. Boring, boring, boring. If I wanted to watch riders doing big loops and riding on the flat ground, going back on themselves against the direction of the section, I would watch the novice route at my local club trial. The top riders must be taking medication to stay awake ! Japan and USA seem to have been laid out in the same way. Yes maybe the camera flattens the gradient of descent or climb but it does look as if I could have a go at some of the sections. Maybe this is what was intended by the FIM, get your average Intermediate club rider to enter world rounds.

Let's be honest the WTC is a circus, that only the top 4 or 5 Spanish riders have a hope of winning. Let them ride X trials or Red Bull sponsored events, make lots of money and open trials training schools in Andalucia. The paying public will want to see excitement and riding that is so far out of reach as not to be true, but as we all know only these skills are displayed by the top Spaniads. Their economy is in ruins, let Dietrich Mateschitz help them out. When they have retired, then the next level of riders will still ride at World level, just a tier down from the Bou dominated era. Might even get a British world champion again.

As for non stop it's just farcical as seen by the dubious and extremely subjective marking. I won't be going to Carlise this year, maybe my loss, but I've just painted my fence and viewing that drying seems more interesting

• Like 2

Fuji stops and dabs for 3 seconds.

http://www.flickr.co...N05/8868174097

Yes, should have been a 5 as I was there. Sectionone did you see the changes made to this section the next day? Dabill and Smage were the only riders to ride it straight on Saturday. On sunday, you had to keep going straight up. Bou missed the up on the last loop! Giving the win to Raga.

• Like 1

The theme with no stop is making it look like you're moving. If you just wiggle in place its pretty much a given that you will be OK. I figure that the next world champ might have parkinsens if this keeps up. (Going to he.. now.)

I will post more vids of this section with consistant scoring to this.

--biff

Edited by biffsgasgas

post-1232-0-31869400-1369712117_thumb.jpgI was there , observed section 3 on sunday ... Fuji's bike died first loop ,a 1 on the second loop and clean on the third , I remember his rides 'cause he was nice while I punched his card ... Raga's left bar end / hand hit a tree and crashed at the top and came tumbling down the hill behind his bike on his third loop. I've never heard some of the spanish cuss words that came out of him as he composed himself and checked his bike . But when I stretched the ribbon up for him to come out of the section so I could punch his card , it was obvious he was mad at himself ... I don't remember all of Bou's scores but he was always business like at the end and quickly held his card up and still , and always said thanks ... no matter what the look on his face was saying ... Alot of the younger spanish guys would try to move and snatch their card away while I was punching it ??? Don't they know that the sheet I wrote every riders # and score on was done before their card ? And Jack Challoner (sp?) is a force to be reckoned with !!! And a nice guy too . He will go far . Pat had about the smoothest ride of the day up thru the slick rooted mini ravine , made a beautiful turn at the top to the left to set up for the 180 that was required to hit the next cards, misplaced his back wheel and came off the rock , his bike hitting the tree that was holding up our scoreboard ... I'm really glad that tree was there ! :) But as he and Ryan dusted off his controls and made sure all was working , he hands me his card to punch with a smile and says " man , it's been a long day ! "

And There was no mention of 2 sec. during the observer's meetings ! It was stated to use your best judgement , benefit of ANY DOUBT to the rider and to observe to the spirit of no stop . I punched ALOT of 5's ! And never got a argument . But our whole section except for one turn thru a running rocky stream at the bottom of the entrance decent was almostpost-1232-0-03809200-1369712622_thumb.jpg un walkable either up or down .

And on a lighter note , Thierry Michaud and Bernie Schreiber both signed the tank of my trusty Fantic :) All in all a Great weekend , I wish I had my camera with me when I sat at the section from 2 to 5 Friday afternoon while the riders got to walk and inspect it ... The photo of Bou , Fuji , Raga and Caby standing atop the big rock together and pointing fingers while discussing how to do it would've been priceless to us trials guys ... And the riders wanted 5 sections harder for sunday , They got their wish . Here's a couple from Sat. And you have to witness it live , Videos don't do them any justice at all

Glenn

its great to hear from somebody that was there. thanks for checking man.

trialnick, boring, boring, boring? Not the consensus of literally dozens of people I talked to at the event. I had at least 8 non-trials riders come down at my invitation and they all went away amazed and jazzed about trying trials. Maybe two of Saturday's sections were not spectacular, but I can assure you the grades are much steeper/looser/slicker than video may reveal as I ride at the TTC 15 or 20 times a year. I'm fairly new to trials (about 18 months and counting) and ride the sportsman line in our regional events. I can't wait for all the whining about no-stop to die out. It was a good show, and as a result there will be some new trials riders in the southeast U.S. and perhaps across the country. As a native Tennessean, I was amazed when I took a quick inventory of car license plates parked around me. Out of 30 cars, only two were from Tennessee. FIM, come back again next year! TTC, do it again and again.

• Like 2

Agreed but ......the marking was the same for everyone :)

Great to see Adam win and will give him some great motivation.

The Andorra event will be interesting to set out for no stop. Its a very tight bit of land with no resting areas like we've seen in Japan. Its big rocks everywhere. Should be great

Thats absolute rubbish, i think the rocky strems and steep long climbs lend themselves very well to no stop.

• Like 3

trialnick, boring, boring, boring? Not the consensus of literally dozens of people I talked to at the event. I had at least 8 non-trials riders come down at my invitation and they all went away amazed and jazzed about trying trials. Maybe two of Saturday's sections were not spectacular, but I can assure you the grades are much steeper/looser/slicker than video may reveal as I ride at the TTC 15 or 20 times a year. I'm fairly new to trials (about 18 months and counting) and ride the sportsman line in our regional events. I can't wait for all the whining about no-stop to die out. It was a good show, and as a result there will be some new trials riders in the southeast U.S. and perhaps across the country. As a native Tennessean, I was amazed when I took a quick inventory of car license plates parked around me. Out of 30 cars, only two were from Tennessee. FIM, come back again next year! TTC, do it again and again.

How much more spectacular with stop allowed?

"How much more spectacular with stop allowed? " IMHO not at all ... It was great to see the riders Thinking and getting set up on the fly ,and to make line adjustments without stopping and hopping sideways , seemed to bring back some of the thinking mans sport that has been missing for awhile . The big obstacles were still there , they just had a little more setup/approach room in front of them . The riders had to look at the section as a whole , not just figure out how to string together their stunts ...

Glenn

• Like 2

Thats a bit tough Glen, Watching footage and the marks given is at times laughable. Looking at what is now deemed no stop really makes each section a nightmare for riders with the markers interpretation of issuing a 5 or a clean a lottery.

Usually stay in the Hotel sol Park not the best but clean and tidy.

We love the resturant along the road one back from the main street which has tables in the road, usually have to book, it was only a walk from the paddock when they had it in the car park at the bottom of the hill, but since its gone to Naturlandia its a hire car job which can be fun!!

Think it was Fajardos first wtc win there in 09?

Duty frees can be good and of course the trek back to el prat can be a pain on a sunday night, but the road is much better everytime I've been

Made the mistake (once) of heading direct for Toulouse straight over the pyranees,silly!

I have ridden 3 times (6 laps) at the wtc as water boy.07 09 11.

Why?

• Like 2

Thats a bit tough Glen, Watching footage and the marks given is at times laughable. Looking at what is now deemed no stop really makes each section a nightmare for riders with the markers interpretation of issuing a 5 or a clean a lottery.

I can't help how other folks keep score , but in our section sunday we didn't play games and I think word spread thru the riders quickly... I hope somewhere out there , there is some footage of the section I worked . We scored ALL the riders the same .

Glenn